Features of Android 10 (Q & Step by Step Guide to Install It
If you are an Android fan, then you will be pleased to read this post as we are going to cover the complete Android Q guide with you today. The Android 10 has included numerous behavior changes features that can make the performance and impact of your apps more strong. There are plenty of new features included in this updated version of the android 10software. Such as –
- To increase the app stability and compatibility, the android Q has restricted the nation SDK interfaces that you can use in the earlier versions of the software. The updated list of the known SDK interface has been published by android.
- The format of Dalvik maps has been changed which is affecting the applications that directly parse the maps file.
- With this software update, Android runtime now not invoke dex2oat from the application process.
- Android Q has worked on the problem of ahead of time compilation performed by ART which used to cause a crash if the classpath environment was not the same during compilation and runtime.
- The permission for the full-screen intents has been changed as now apps supporting Android 10 or above need to make request the USE_FULL_SCREEN_INTENT permission in their app’s manifest file.
- This version won’t support FileChannel.map() for non-standard files, like /dev/zero, whose size cannot be changed using truncate().
These are the few significant features of the Android Q which you will enjoy in this version.
How to Install Android Q on Your Phone?
Recently, Google has introduced the new version of the Android operating system which has been in high demand lately. If you want to install this latest update on your phone, then we have created the step by step guide for you because to buy this software in the market, you have to wait for some time. Here, we have created a quick guide to install Android Q on your Pixel phone.
Download OTA Update
This is the most simple and the preferred way to update your android software and you don’t have to reinstall anything with this method. To upgrade the Android software, you should visit your phone’s settings and press on System, System Update and then look for the latest updates. If the new software is available for your device, then it will automatically show the download option. You should always reboot your phone after updating the system and your Android Q will be ready to run in no time.
Flashing Software on your Device
This method will be slightly more complicated and will take you more time as compared to the OTA method. However, if you want to use this method, then we have complete guidelines to do that –
Google has already shared the android 10 factory images and OTA files for the Pixel devices. You need to download the proper file suiting your phone to start the process. To start the process, you need –
- A Pixel Phone
- A USB cable to connect
- The Android SDK installed on your machine with ADB and Fastboot command successfully working
- Unlocked bootloader
To unlock the bootloader of your phone, you need to follow these steps –
- By turning on developer options, you have to enable the USB debugging and OEM unlocks on your device.
- Now, plug in your device using USB cable and open the command window.
- You can boot your device in bootloader mode by using this command – ADB reboot bootloader.
- After entering the bootloader mode, you should type – fastboot flashing unlock.
- Now, confirm the process and press the power button to unlock the bootloader.
Flash Android 10 Installation
The flashing Android on your phone is very simple, but you can still face some problems so follow these instructions carefully –
- Go to Bootloader menu to check that your device and PC are connected by typing in fastboot devices. If the result comes with your device’s serial number, then you are good to go.
- Prepare the factory image – use 7zip to extract the .tgz file you downloaded and then again to extract the .tar file you extracted from the .tgz. It will create a folder with numerous files.
- Copy all the files and then paste them in the Android SDK on your PC. Now, you will locate it in the Program Files folder.
- There are two flash files present. If you are Windows user, then you should click on the gear logo with name Windows Batch File. The Linux user can click on the flash-all.sh.
- An installation box will pop up and while the installation process is going don’t unplug your device.
- When the process completes, then your device will automatically reboot. You now unplug your device and run your Android 10 software.
If you are not able to get flashing method work for you, then there is one alternative method present, but it is very tricky and not everyone can use it.
The method to use Android Q on your phone has been very easy by using this guide. However, if you want to switch back to the Android pie due to some reason, then you just have to follow back the flashing steps. Well, we hope that this Android Q guide has given, you the clear picture on the Android 10 features and the installation setup. If you have any questions regarding the installation process, then you can contact us by commenting.