Here in this article, we have compared the Qualcomm Snapdragon’s processor with the Apple Bionic (Apple GPU) SoC. Here you will find the pros and cons of each chip, technical specs, and comprehensive tests in benchmarks, like AnTuTu and Geekbench.
What is Apple Bionic?
Bionic is based on a system on a chip (SoC) and system in a package (SiP) processor designed by Apple Inc, mainly using the ARM architecture. They are the basis of Apple’s iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch platforms, and of products such as the HomePod, iPod touch, Apple TV, and AirPods. These bionic chips have come from very far away. It includes a number of models and so on but here we will discuss some of the latest and best Apple Bionic chips such as Apple A12 Bionic, Apple A13 Bionic, Apple A14 Bionic. And will compare it with Qualcomm Snapdragon processors
Qualcomm Snapdragon processors?
Snapdragon is a suite of system on a chip (SoC) semiconductor products for mobile devices designed and marketed by Qualcomm Technologies Inc. The Snapdragon’s central processing unit (CPU) uses the ARM architecture. A single SoC may include multiple CPU cores, an Adreno graphics processing unit (GPU), a Snapdragon wireless modem, a Hexagon digital signal processor (DSP), a Qualcomm Spectra image signal processor (ISP) and other software and hardware to support a smartphone’s global positioning system (GPS), camera, video, audio, gesture recognition and AI acceleration.
There are 23 different Snapdragon processors under the 200, 400, 600, 700, and the 800 product families spanning from low to high-end respectively, as well as wi-fi and mobile charging products. Some of their components include the Adreno graphics processing, the Qualcomm Hexagon DSP and processors using Qualcomm’s S4 processor architecture.
An Interesting Fact as of now none of Apple Bionic chips has the 5G support modem on its own. Till now Apple is dependent on Qualcomm for supplying 5G processors (As Apple didn’t trust Intel’s 5G modem), but some of the Qualcomm Snapdragon processors do have it’s own 5G modem support such as Snapdragon 765 5G, Snapdragon 865 5G, and Snapdragon 690 5G. Apple is still lagging behind in the 5G modem race. We hope we’ll see a great 5G Bionic Chip from Apple in upcoming events.
A14 Bionic vs Snapdragon 888
So first of all let’s start with the latest of both! i.e, Apple’s A14 Bionic Vs. Snapdragon 888.
Although the Snapdragon 888 is the fastest chipset in the Android ecosystem, it still lagged behind Apple’s A14 Bionic Chip. Here is the detailed comparison of Apple Bionic vs Qualcomm Snapdragon, A14 Vs. Snapdragon 888.
Snapdragon 888? Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 – an 8-core chipset, manufactured using a 5-nanometer process technology. It has 1 core Kryo 680 Prime (Cortex-X1) at 2840 MHz, 3 cores Kryo 680 Gold (Cortex-A78) at 2420 MHz, and 4 cores Kryo 680 Silver (Cortex-A55) at 1800 MHz.
A14 Bionic? Apple A14 Bionic – a 6-core chipset, manufactured using a 5-nanometer (nm)process technology. It has 2 cores Firestorm at 2990 MHz and 4 cores Icestorm at 1800 MHz.
A14 Bionic Vs Snapdragon 888 (out of 100)
Single and multi-core processor tests.
- Snapdragon 888 has 88 scores out of 100
- Whereas A14 Bionic has scored up to 96 out of 100
GPU performance in games, other high task activities and OpenCL/Vulcan.
- Snapdragon 888 has scored 93 In total
- A14 Bionic had scored a whopping 96 out of 100.
Efficiency and Optimisation of battery consumption.
- In Battery life Snapdragon 888 beats A14 Bionic and scored 98 marks.
- Meanwhile A14 Bionic managed to score 94.
Overall Chip Score
The best of all performance based on user experience and lab testing!
- The Snapdragon 888 is one of the best and advanced processors for Android users, and it remains to be great by scoring a whopping 94 percentage mark out of 100. But as of now it is not able to beat the A14 Bionic Chip.
- A14 Bionic Chip had scored 96+ benchmark out of 100.
AnTuTu 8 Benchmark score for A14 Bionic vs Snapdragon 888.
AnTuTu Benchmark is a benchmarking tool for smartphones and tablets, that lets you check the performance by measuring CPU, GPU, RAM, and I/O
- Apple’s A14 Bionic Chip has scored 599144 Benchmark score
- But Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 has scored 18% Higher than A14 Bionic on AnTuTu Benchmark score i.e, 707592
GeekBench 5 Benchmark score for A14 Bionic vs Snapdragon 888.
Geekbench 5 measures your system’s power and tells you whether your device is ready to roar, by comparing single-core and Multi-core CPU performance Benchmarks.
- Single-core Score
- Apple A14 Bionic had scored 1587 And the Snapdragon 888 had Scored 1127 benchmark which is 41% less than A14 Bionic.
- Multi-core Score
- Snapdragon 888 has scored 3657 benchmark in multi-core, meanwhile, Apple’s A14 Bionic has scored 3813 which is 4% Higher.
Both the Snapdragon 888 and A14 Bionic are considered high-class processors. Both support 4G as well as 5G. Snapdragon 888 has UFS 3.0 and 3.1 storage type while A14 Bionic has NVMe Storage type. The Snapdragon 888 has supported 8K Video Recording at 30 FPS, while A14 Bionic does only support 4K Videos recording at 60FPS. Both processors used LPDDR5 Memory Type. The Snapdragon 888 is based on 8 Core meanwhile the A14 Bionic Chip is based on the 4 Core CPU type. The A14 Bionic Chip has a clock speed of 2990 Mhz, but the Snapdragon 888 has a clock speed of just 2840 Mhz.
A13 Bionic Vs Snapdragon 870 And A13 vs Snapdragon 865 Plus.
Here we will compare Apple’s A13 Bionic with Snapdragon 870 and Snapdragon 865 Plus.
Apple’s A13 Bionic? The Apple A13 Bionic is a 64-bit ARM-based system on a chip (SoC), manufactured using a 7-nanometer process technology. It has 2 cores Lightning at 2660 MHz and 4 cores Thunder at 1600 MHz., designed by Apple Inc. It appears in the iPhone 11, 11 Pro/Pro Max and the iPhone SE (2nd generation).
Snapdragon 870? Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 – an 8-core chipset, manufactured using a 7-nanometer process technology. It has 1 core Kryo 585 Prime (Cortex-A77) at 3200 MHz, 3 cores Kryo 585 Gold (Cortex-A77) at 2420 MHz, and 4 cores Kryo 585 Silver (Cortex-A55) at 1800 MHz. The Snapdragon 870 does support 5G connectivity which the Apple A13 failed to do so.
Snapdragon 865 Plus? Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus – an 8-core chipset, manufactured using a 7-nanometer process technology. It has 1 core Kryo 585 Prime (Cortex-A77) at 3100 MHz, 3 cores Kryo 585 Gold (Cortex-A77) at 2420 MHz, and 4 cores Kryo 585 Silver (Cortex-A55) at 1800 MHz. In addition, it supports 5G too.
A13 Bionic Vs Snapdragon 870 And A13 vs Snapdragon 865 Plus
- Overall Chip Score
The best of all performance based on user experience and lab testing of all three processors!
- In A13 Bionic Vs Snapdragon 870 both processors had scored almost a similar performance where A13 Scored 88 out of 100 and Snapdragon 870 has score 87 out of 100.
- But the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus has just managed to score 82.
AnTuTu 8 Benchmark score For A13 Bionic Vs Snapdragon 870 And A13 vs Snapdragon 865 Plus
- A13 Bionic has scored 519032 marks.
- Snapdragon 865+ has scored 614773 which is 18% Higher than A13 Bionic.
- And the Snapdragon 870 has Scored 639495 which is 23% higher than the A13 Bionic. And also remain at the top at AnTuTu.
GeekBench 5 Benchmark score for A13 Bionic Vs Snapdragon 870 And A13 vs Snapdragon 865 Plus
- At single-core
- A13 Bionic has scored 1306 points And Snapdragon 870 managed to score 1023 which is 28% Lower than A13. Meanwhile, the Snapdragon 865+ scored even lower 908 points, 44% lower than A13 Bionic.
- At multi-core
- A13 Bionic has scored 3468 while Snapdragon 870 has scored 3480. And the Snapdragon 865+ has scored 3300, 5% lower than the A13 and Snapdragon 870.
A12 Bionic vs Snapdragon 855 Plus And A12 Vs Snapdragon 780G.
Here we will compare Apple’s A12 Bionic with Snapdragon 855+ and Snapdragon 780G.
Apple A12 Bionic? The Apple A12 SoC features an Apple-designed 64-bit ARMv8.3-A six-core CPU, with two high-performance cores running at 2.49 GHz called Vortex and four energy-efficient cores called Tempest. The A12 also integrates an Apple-designed four-core graphics processing unit (GPU) with 50% faster graphics performance than the A11. The A12 includes dedicated neural network hardware that Apple calls a “Next-generation Neural Engine.”
Snapdragon 855 Plus? Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus – an 8-core chipset, manufactured using a 7-nanometer(nm) process technology. It has 1 core Cortex-A76 (Kryo 485 Gold) at 2960 MHz, 3 cores Cortex-A76 (Kryo 485 Gold) at 2420 MHz, and 4 cores Cortex-A55 (Kryo 485 Silver) at 1800 MHz. The Snapdragon 855 integrates the Adreno 640 GPU operation at 700 MHz. The Snapdragon 855+ harnesses multi-gigabit 4G and powerful 5G connectivity, unleashing high-speed mobile experiences.
Snapdragon 780G? Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G – an 8-core chipset, manufactured using a 5-nanometer process technology. It has 1 core Kryo 670 Prime (Cortex-A78) at 2400 MHz, 3 cores Kryo 670 Gold (Cortex-A78) at 2200 MHz, and 4 cores Kryo 670 Silver (Cortex-A55) at 1900 MHz. Snapdragon 780G is a 5G supported processor.
A12 Bionic Vs Snapdragon 855 Plus And A12 vs Snapdragon 780G.
- Overall Chip Score
- Apple’s A12 Bionic has scored 75 out of 100
- Snapdragon 855 Plus had scored 73 out of 100
- And the Snapdragon 780G managed to score 72 just behind the Snapdragon 855+.
AnTuTu 8 Benchmark score For A12 Bionic Vs Snapdragon 855 Plus And A12 vs Snapdragon 780G.
- On AnTuTu 8 Benchmark score Apple A12 Bionic has scored 394624 points
- The Snapdragon 855 Plus scored 470124 which is 19% higher than A12 AnTuTu Score.
- The Snapdragon 780G had Scored 501424 which is again 27% Higher than A12.
GeekBench 5 Benchmark score for A12 Bionic Vs Snapdragon 855 Plus And A12 vs Snapdragon 780G.
- At single-core
- A12 Bionic has scored 1106 points And Snapdragon 780G managed to score 795 which is 39% Lower than A13. Meanwhile, the Snapdragon 855+ scored even lower at 783 points, 41% lower than A13 Bionic.
- At multi-core
- A12 Bionic has scored 2868 while Snapdragon 780G has scored 2910 which is 1% higher than A12. And the Snapdragon 855 plus has scored 2792, 3% lower than the A12.
- Laptop Buying Guide (What factors to consider when Buying a new Laptop)
- 5 Solutions to fix an Error Occurred Installing iOS 14 on iPhone/iPad
- Android Phone Vs. iPhone : Which One Is Best For You!
- Apple M1 vs Intel: Which MacBook Is Best for You? explained
- iPhone won’t turn on stuck on apple logo? Try this simple Hacks