You may familiar with Google’s Android Auto system just like that, Apple CarPlay lets you use a selection of your Device functions directly through your car’s built-in infotainment system Or Display. Apple CarPlay is said to be more user-friendly and faster to respond than the standard features provided by built-in infotainment systems. What can you do with Apple CarPlay? With this handy feature one can easily listen to their favorite music, make calls, receive text messages, and make use of various apps on your iPhone while driving without compromising your safety. The new iOS 15 upgrade incorporates additional functionality for Apple CarPlay Feature. Unfortunately, some iPhone users are facing issues with CarPlay after upgrading to iOS 15. As we face various issues regarding CarPlay there are numerous proven ways to fix the same. Here’s how to fix apple CarPlay not working after iOS 15 update.
Why Is My CarPlay Not Working On iOS 15?
Well, there are various reasons behind this particular issue. Some of the reasons behind CarPlay Not Working On iOS 15 are Problems with Siri, CarPlay Connectivity Issues, Operating System Upgrade Glitch, New CarPlay Restrictions and much more. Whatever the reason could be, we are here to help you restore the functionality of your CarPlay.
Here Are Some Of The Best Fixes For The iOS 15 Apple Carplay Not Working Issue.
Enable Hey Siri
After updating to a new version of the iOS that is iOS 15, Siri may be turned OFF, which may prevent CarPlay from working. To resolve this issue, make sure Siri is set to ON and then launch CarPlay. That means you have to turn on siri if you are using voice commands for car play
- First Open the settings app on your iphone
- Then scroll down to locate Siri search and tap it.
- Here turn on listen for hey Siri press side button for Siri and allow Siri when locked.
Now the car play should work fine.
Force Restart Your iPhone
Most of the time’s Apple CarPlay not working issue is caused by a temporary glitch that comes with a software update. Restarting Or Force Restarting your iPhone can solve CarPlay not working issues and enable you to quickly enjoy all the features that come with the iDevice. To force restart your iPhone, follow these steps,
- Press and then quickly release the Volume Up button
- Press and then quickly release the Volume Down Button
- Press and hold the Side button until the Apple Logo appears on the screen.
- That’s it.
Try Different USB Cables and Ports
There are chances, might be CarPlay not connect successfully with your devices, and chances are that it is either a USB or cable problem.
Check the cable you are using. If it is not the same cable that came with your iPhone you may consider trying out an original Apple cable because iPhones tend to have problems with third party cables.
Again just change the USB port you are using, Many cars have several USB ports that support the Apple CarPlay.
Reset All Settings
It is one of the proven techniques to fix CarPlay Not Working Issue. Many iPhone users have found this troubleshooting step tends to fix issues related to music and sound playback from apps on CarPlay. Here’s how,
- Launch Settings App On Your iPhone.
- Scroll and Tap On General.
- Now scroll down and select Transfer & Reset iPhone.
- Then Tap On Reset.
- From the group of options select Reset all settings.
Don’t worry this step will not delete any of your media and files.
As we say the ultimate solution here is the one, Disable Equalizer. If Your CarPlay issues are specifically related to music playback then this is the best step to do. Here’s how,
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on Music.
- Then, select EQ.
- On the next screen, select the Off option.
- Lastly, restart your iPhone and reconnect your CarPlay again to test it out.
“Forget This Car” To Fix CarPlay Not Working Issue
Sounds strange don’t worry we are not saying to really forget your car from setting, in this step we will reconnect your car with iPhone using CarPlay. Completion of this process helps to refresh the ability of CarPlay to connect to your vehicle’s infotainment system and function properly. Here’s how,
- Firstly, shut down the engine of your car.
- Now, open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- Navigate yourself to CarPlay and tap on it.
- Tap on the name of the car you’re driving and hit the Forget This Car option.
- After a few seconds, start your vehicle and connect the cable of your iPhone. Make sure the cable is in good condition.
- Then, go back to the Settings, tap on General, and select CarPlay.
- This time, tap Available Cars and choose the name of your car to reconnect.
Check The Restrictions For Carplay.
You may have restricted CarPlay accidentally from your privacy settings which have blocked all the services related to CarPlay. By doing so it prevents CarPlay from working normally. To fix the issue you have to allow CarPlay to use all major services. Here is how to check it,
- First launch the settings app on your iphone
- Then tap screen time
- Here tap content and privacy restrictions
- After that tap allowed apps
- Now enter your screen passcode and then turn on Carplay
Then check whether carplay is working or not.
Have You Fixed Carplay Not Working On iOS 15 Issue?
Hope by following our guide you are able to fix the CarPlay Not Working Issue. But, if the problem still continues then you may update your iphone to the latest version of ios and then check if carplay works. If not, then you have to contact the nearest Apple Care Centre to get your issue fixed. If you know any other solutions to fix this issue let me know through your comment.