5 Best VPN service providers compared 2024
The VPN also known as a virtual private network a software utility that anonymizes your online activity, encrypts your internet use, allows change your location, hides your IP address unlocks geo-restriction content, and more. As VPNs have become more well known in the past few years, there are a number of VPN service providers on the market. Each VPN service provider has its own unique features and benefits. If you value your online security and privacy thinking about buying a VPN service this article helps you choose the best VPN services for online security and privacy.
The factors we have considered while choosing the best VPN are download speed, logging policy, Privacy and security features or flaws, Number of servers, Jurisdiction, Torrenting and Netflix availability, and most importantly support & cost.
What is a VPN?
A VPN is a secure and separate network that lets users connect to the internet through an encrypted tunnel, which hides online activity from your ISP and anyone else who might be watching – including the government and nefarious hackers. Connecting to the internet through a VPN not only secures online activity but also allows you to access restricted sites, stream a wider range of shows, and avoid network throttling.
For example, You can access USA Netflix from Australia or unblock geo-restricted content for example if you are traveling to UAE or china you can use VPN to access restricted sites and apps you use daily such as Gmail and WhatsApp, download torrent files
5 Best VPN Services for 2024
Now come to the point, What’s the best VPN service?
There are a number of VPN service provider that offers paid and free VPN service with different feature and pricing plan. But the best VPN has apps for every device that include windows and Mac PCs, iPhones, Android devices, smart TVs routers and more. However, there are a number of options to pick from so your chosen VPN can unblock favorite streaming sites, download torrent files on all your devices and won’t slow down your internet connection as well.
The Speed is the most important thing followed by Number of servers, encrytption protocol, Fair price, compatibility with various services, Geographic diversity of servers that you must consider in prioraty while buying a VPN service.
Here is our top 5 Pick of best VPN for 2023.
Number of servers: 5470+ | Server locations: 59+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 6
NordVPN exclusive deal: Get up to 69% off the 2-year plan + 3 months extra
NordVPN is a Panama based (where no data retention laws ) VPN service provider that follows a strict no-logs policy to ensure users’ privacy and security. Its Double encryption, a variety of protocol support, and excellent customer support make it one of the best VPNs in the market.
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platforms support
- Double encryption for added security
- Works in restrictive countries (China, Middle East) that limit/censor internet access
- Military-grade AES-256-GCM encryption using only the most secure protocols: OpenVPN (UDP and TCP), IKEv2/IPSec, NordLynx (based on WireGuardⓒ)
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- The unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
Number of servers: 3,000+ | Server locations: 160 | Countries: 94 | Maximum devices supported: 5
ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands, Which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, and GCHQ. And ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry because of its speed. The price will be costly compared to other VPN service providers but we have partnered with Express VPN they offer a special deal for our reader that costs $6.67 per month and a 12-month subscription includes 3 free months. With its premium quality VPN performance during the past 10 years, it attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty.
- Ultra-fast connectivity with a speed-optimized network
- Dedicated VPN Apps for Android & iOS
- Stronger data protection through best-in-class encryption, Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zero log keeping the policy of internet activities
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- 5 Simultaneous-login Option
- Dedicated VPN App for Router
Read the Express VPN review here.
CyberGhost VPN ($2.24/month)
Number of servers: 6600+ | Server locations: 110 | Countries: 89 | Maximum devices supported: 7
CyberGhost special discount: Get 82% discount on 3-year plan + 3 months free
Based in Bucharest, Romania (the country is not part of any surveillance alliance) CyberGhost another fast-growing player in the VPN market focuses on providing security to internet users with a Zero log keeping the policy of internet activities. They are very confident about their service, if you get a subscription to Cyberghost you will get an industry-leading 45-day money-back guarantee. The company allows a number of servers so you can connect with any of the servers and can enjoy fast or high-speed streaming and torrenting. And It has highly compatible servers that can block malicious websites, ads and trackers.
- Access blocked websites without any restrictions
- Enjoy Safe P2P torrenting
- Apps available for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, Routers
- Offer Highest possible speed, Unlimited bandwidth and traffic
- DNS and IP Leak Protection, 256-bit AES Encryption offer OpenVPN, L2TP-IPsec and PPTP protocols
- 7 Simultaneous-login Option
- 45 days Money-back Guarantee
Get CyberGhost VPN 82% discount on a 3-year plan + 3 months free | CyberGhost Review
Number of servers: 700+ | Server locations: 73 | IP addresses: 200,000+ | Maximum devices supported: 3-5
Get VyprVPN for $1.66 per month
VyprVPN is a Golden Frog owned network founded by Internet veterans who have been in similar Internet businesses since 1994. Golden frog is a Switzerland-based company, and the country is favorable for privacy laws. With the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (DPA) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection Ordinance (DPO).
- No server down issues and connections are always available
- It supports 256-bit of military-grade encryption
- Multiple protocols support to choose the preferred level of encryption
- NAT Firewall to provide additional security
- Simultaneous connection up to 5 devices
- 24/7 Customer Support via Live Chat
- 30-days Money-Back Guarantee
Ivacy ($1 /month)
Number of servers: 2000+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: 10
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity. It is due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features. Hence, when in 2010 it launched the Split Tunneling feature. It became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature. Allow unblocking BBC iPlayer, Disney+, Hulu & 7 major Netflix Regions including US, FR, JP, UK, Aus, De & Ca.
- 100% Private & Anonymous internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- Malware Protection and Advanced IPsec & IKEV Protocols
- 30-days Money-back guarantee
- No Browsing Logs Policy
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
- 10 Devices Simultaneous Logins
Who should use a VPN?
VPNs are made to bypass restrictions and make your connection anonymous. If you are an internet user and worried about your ISP tracking online activity you need a VPN that increases your security by encrypting and anonymizing all of your online activity.
Again, for users who connect to public Wi-Fi even one that’s password-protected, A VPN is a good friend, When you are on public wifi Using VPN adds an extra layer of security to your activity, ensures you bypass the coffee shops ISP and encrypting all your communication.
If you are traveling a foreign country like UK or China (where Gmail, FB or YouTube are blocked) using VPN will pass the Geo-restrictions, and make it seem like you’re enjoying the service just like you were at home.