As previously rumored Microsoft’s rebuild of Microsoft Edge with Chromium, and Both Microsoft and Google engineers have been working together to improve the underlying Chromium project so that Chrome and Edge run better on Windows. And finally, the company has released a preview of Microsoft Edge Insider Channels with lots of improvements. Here how to download and install Microsoft Edge based on the Chromium on windows 10.
Currently two options available right now there is are a Dev build (which updates weekly), and a Canary build (which updates daily). And The beta option, which will be the most stable and updates every six weeks, is available soon.
Also, Microsoft states in its blog that this is for 64-bit Windows 10 only for now. But company promise support for other platforms, like Windows 7, Windows 8.1, macOS, and other channels later.
Install the new Edge browser (chromium)
Installing the new Edge browser is a pretty straightforward
- Head to the Microsoft Edge Insider page and click the “Download Dev Channel for Windows 10” button.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions and click Accept and download button to Save the installer on your device.
- Double-click the MicrosoftEdgeSetup.exe file to start the installation.
- This will automatically download and install the Microsoft edge dev on your device.
- Once you complete the steps, the new version of Microsoft Edge open on your device.
That’s all When it launches you can choose to get started with your bookmarks, history, and other data from Google Chrome (assuming you have it installed). Or, you can start from scratch and choose the look of the landing page tabs. Of course, you can make any changes to the layout and more in Settings later.
Note: This is an early developer version of the browser. So, you can expect bugs and glitches with the user experience. And some sites, services, and extensions may not work correctly.