Do you want to download photos from iCloud to your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or computer? In case you wonder how to download photos from iCloud to your devices, we have an excellent comprehensive guide covering several popular methods. There are various ways to download photos from iCloud to iPhone, iPad, or Computer. Doing so can be a little confusing, especially since there are so many different methods based on things like where you’re accessing the data from, and what device you’re using at the moment. But here in this article, no matter how the circumstances will be, we will learn in a very easy way to download iCloud photos to PC or iPhone or iPad.
What is iCloud?
iCloud is Apple’s name for all of its cloud-based services. It stretches from iCloud mail, Find My iPhone, to iCloud Photos and Apple Music Library (not to mention, device backups) and more. It’s iCloud that syncs your Notes and Calendar appointments between your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. One can upload their photos in iCloud to save the phone storage too.
How to download iCloud photos?
Follow these simple steps to download or save copies of your photos and videos from iCloud by using your Apple Photos app on your Apple device.
On Your iPhone and iPad
- Open the settings app on your device.
- Tap on your name at the top of the settings menu on your device.
- Select iCloud icon.
- Select Photos on the iCloud page.
- Tap on download and keep the original tab.
- Open the Photos app on your Mac computer.
- In that photos app, you will see a menu click on the photos in that menu.
- And then in sub-category click on preferences
- In the pop-up menu, select the “iCloud” tab which is located at the top of the window.
- When iCloud tab is open click on “Download Originals to This MAC”
For those who have a PC, firstly they will have to set up iCloud for windows. And then have to follow the above given steps.
How to set up iCloud for Windows?
It is simple to set up iCloud on your windows you just have to follow the below seven steps,
- Download and install iCloud for Windows 10 from your Microsoft Store. (If you are using an older version of Windows, get the iCloud app from Apple.com.) And then restart your computer /PC
- iCloud should start automatically, if not so click on the start button.
- Afterwards select start iCloud from the start menu.
- Get signed in using your Apple ID.
- Select the features you want to use and synchronize across your devices
- Click on the apply button, and Done!
How To Get Photos From iCloud via iCloud.com
Follow these simple steps to download or to save copies of your photos and videos from iCloud by using your browser (via iCloud.com) to your Apple devices.
On your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to iCloud.com and log in using your Apple ID
- Then select the photos icon
- Tap Select in the, then tap a photo or video. To select multiple photos or videos, tap more than one. To select your entire library, tap Select All.
- Then Tap the “more” button
- Select download and tap it again to confirm your download. Done!
On Mac and PC
- Go to iCloud.com and sign-in using your Apple ID.
- After the tab has opened select Photos.
- Click to choose your photos and videos you want to download. You can select multiple photos too by holding the command button
- Once you have selected your photos and videos click the download icon located on the right side of the top toolbar.
- In that you will see two options “unmodified original” and “Most compatible” select one and click download.
- The download file will then appear at the bottom of your screen, and you can click to open it, rename it, or to move it.
Download photos from iCloud using shared albums
Follow these simple steps to download or to save copies of your photos and videos from iCloud using shared albums to your Apple devices.
On your iPhone and iPad.
- Open the Apple photos app on your device.
- Then select the albums tab located at the bottom.
- Scroll down and select the album you want to view.
- Tap “Select” in the upper right corner of the album.
- Tap each photo you want to download. Or, hit “Select All” in the upper left corner.
- Then select the upload icon located at the bottom left corner.
- Tap on save “image” or “video”. Done!
- Open the Apple Photos app on your Mac computer.
- Select the shared albums from the left sidebar.
- Control-click on the desired photo or video, or select multiple if you want more at a time.
- Select the “Import” icon. Done!
How to download photos from iCloud to your android device?
In the following steps, we will learn how to download photos from iCloud to your android smartphone! These steps are the most convenient and handy approach to download iCloud Photos and videos to Android directly.
- Open any web browser on your android device.
- Visit the iCloud website by typing URL iCloud.com.
- Go to Browser settings and make the site a desktop site(it is necessary because it becomes easy to find out and download photos and videos)
- Once the desktop site is loaded, just login to your iCloud via Apple ID.
- Select the photos tab.
- Select the photos and albums you want to download and click the download icon.
- Accept the download prompt and wait till it is saved to your mobile storage. Done!