Have you ever wanted to get a reminder when it’s raining or snowing? With the Weather app for iPhone, you can now get weather alerts on your iPhone that tell you if it’s going to rain or snow soon.
Weather forecasts can help you plan ahead, but knowing it’s going to rain soon can literally save you the headache of being caught in a storm. If you’ve updated to the latest iOS 15, you can now set up real-time rain alerts right from the built-in Apple Weather app. How is setting up rain and snow alerts on your iPhone beneficial? This is a useful feature when the weather changes, especially in areas where the weather can be an important factor in decision making. Now you’ll know whether you need to bring a raincoat, umbrella, winter clothing, or whatever you need to survive the bad weather. Here’s how to set up rain and snow alerts on your iPhone.
Set Up Rain and Snow Alerts on Your iPhone
With the iOS 15 update, the native Apple Weather app has undergone a major redesign, now it has way more features than ever before thanks to the popular Dark Sky weather app that Apple acquired in 2020. One of those features is the ability to receive notifications when rain or snow starts or stops. This article explains how to enable and configure it.
The following steps show you how to get the weather alert to work on an iPhone. The Next Hour Precipitation Alert is currently only available in the US, UK and Ireland.
Allow Location Access To Always. .
To get rain and snow notifications on iPhone, you will need to make sure Whether the application has “Always” location access granted. Here’s how,
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select Privacy.
- Now Tap On Location Services.
- Select Weather.
- Under “Allow Location Access,” select Always.
You’ll also need to make sure you’re using latest iOS version. Go to Settings > General > Software Update. Select Automatic Updates, then turn on Download iOS Updates.
Now Set Up Rain and Snow Alerts on Your iPhone.
Here is how can you Enable Weather Notifications on your iPhone.
- Launch the default Weather app on your iPhone.
- Click the icon in the lower-right corner of the screen that looks like a bulleted list.
- Click “Turn on notifications” at the top of the list of locations. If you don’t see the “Stay Dry” card, click the round ellipsis icon in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click on Notifications.
- On the “Allow Notifications” screen, click Continue.
- In the prompt that appears, tap Allow.
- Toggle the switch for “My Location” to the ON position to get live rain and snow notifications for wherever you are, then tap Done. Note To receive notifications about your current location, you must allow location access first.
Going forward, when this feature is enabled, you will receive a push notification on your iPhone with a message like “Heavy rain soon”, “Light rain soon” or “It will snow soon” along with the estimated weather start time. You can also toggle weather alerts for specific locations to follow that route or get rain and snow updates for places you aren’t currently on.
Method for Changing the iPhone Rain and Snow Notifications
- Launch default Weather app.
- Tap the button with three horizontal lines at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Touch the button with three dots at the top-right of the screen.
- Choose Notifications.
- Enable or disable the desired settings, then tap Done.
How to Turn On or Turn Off Precipitation Notifications in the Weather App on iPhone
- Launch Settings.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Choose Weather .
- Click on Weather Notification Settings.
- Turn the settings on or off, then tap Done.
How To Change The Style Of Notifications That The Weather App Uses?
To customise the notification style used by the Weather app, you can go to Settings > Notifications > Weather. Here you will find options to customise the style of notifications, such as whether apps can use the badge app icon (the red circle with a white number that appears in some apps), and the ability to turn the sound ON or OFF.
How Can I Add Another City In My Weather App?
I have Set Up Rain and Snow Alerts on my iPhone Now, How can I add more cities? To add another city to the Weather app, open the Weather app and tap the button with three horizontal lines in the lower right corner of the screen, then find the city and click the Add button in the upper right corner of the screen.
Setting Up Rain and Snow Alerts on Your iPhone is a handy feature, so give it a try on your iPhone.
- What are some Best Weather Widget Apps for iPhone
- Why Is my iPhone so slow? Reasons explained with solutions
- iPhone Slow Down After iOS 15 Update? Speed it up with these 7 easy tips
- What Is Encryption and How To Encrypt or Decrypt Your Important Data
- YouTube Not Working On your Android device? apply these 7 solutions