Install Simplenote v2.21.0 on Linux, Ubuntu, Linux Mint
SimpleNote is an open-source light, clean, and free note taking application developed by Automattic, the same company behind the WordPress blogging platform. Simplenote is totally free that Allows users to create and save text-based notes, categorize them with tags, and even share posts with friends. The app was originally created for iOS devices and now it has been expanded to Android, Mac OS X, Windows, Linux and the web. Here in this post we go through steps to install Install Simplenote v1.3.4 on Linux, Ubuntu, Linux Mint
Simplenote v2.21.0 Features
We can say SimpleNote is the perfect alternative of EverNote, which offers the features below.
- Instant notes syncing across devices (Linux, web, Android, Mac, Windows and iOS)
- Revert your notes to previous versions
- Allows sharing your notes with others for viewing and editing.
- Notes will be backed up, synced and shared without any premium tag as it’s a completely free App.
- Create a public URL for your notes
- Organize notes with tags
- Pin your notes so that you can easily find them.
Note: keep in mind that it doesn’t include a self-updating repository, so Whenever new updates are available for Simplenote, you’ll need to go to the official website, download the new package and re-install it as an update.
Install Simplenote v2.21.0
Go to the official SimpleNote website and download the deb package.
There’s also a generic Linux binary (.tar.gz) for other distributions.
launch a terminal and CD into the ~/Downloads folder.
Install Simplenote with:
sudo dpkg -i Simplenote-linux*.deb sudo apt install -f
sudo dnf install Simplenote-linux*.rpm
sudo zypper install Simplenote-linux*.rpm
Download and install via terminal
If you prefer terminal, then use the following command to SimpleNote deb package.
Once it’s downloaded, install it with
sudo dpkg -i simplenote-1.3.4.deb
Then start it from Unity Dash or your preferred app launcher. If the app icon doesn’t show up, try logging out and logging back in.
You will need to sign up for a new account.
|SimpleNote keyboard shortcuts for Windows/Linux
|Move focus to search field
|Increase font size
|Decrease font size
|Reset font size
To uninstall the snap version of Simplenote, simply run the command:
sudo snap remove simplenote
Are you using Simplenote or Evernote? If you face any problem while installing SmartNote on Linux please let us know in the comment section.
- How to Install WordPress on localhost (your Computer) using XAMPP
- What is Android? Introduction of Android OS its Features & Applications
- Linux for beginners: an introduction to the Linux operating system
- Top 10 Benefits of using Ubuntu over windows 10
- How to install Microsoft fonts in Linux office suites