What Is an iPhone App Library And How Do You Use It?
Everyone knows that Apple has introduced the iOS 14, with the whole new iOS Apple introduced much more features like New Caller UI, New UI for adding Alarm, Smart Stack and much more, from which App Library is also the one. Today in this article we will study what an iPhone App Library is and how do you use it.
What is an App Library on iPhone?
App Library is nothing but a bunch of algorithmically suggested folders presenting you with what you’re most likely to need access to at any given moment. Or where you can simply search an app in the most easiest way.
So how do you find the App Library on your iPhone? For that purpose simply swipe all the way to the very last, rightmost page of your iPhone’s home screen. Once you reach there, you’ll see all of your apps organized into several folders. These folders are created based on what sort of apps you have — you might see a folder for games, another folder for shopping, and another folder for ordering food, etc., for instance. But the thing is you can not choose or arrange the app according nor can rename the folders. But there are a few ways to browse through the apps on this screen, as well as you can use it to edit your home screen layout.
- You will need to upgrade your iPhone to iOS 14 for using the App Library. “
- To find the whole new app library one will need to swipe all the way to the last page of your home screen.
- Once the App Library is opened you can search the app by using the search bar or you can browse through your apps using the folders.
- You can also use the App Library to hide apps from the home screen, so they’ll only be found in the App Library.
How to add an app to the app library?
While technically, all of your apps are in the App Library already, if you want an app to only appear in the Library, rather than your home screen, here’s how you do that.
- Hold your finger on an app (that you want to add in the app library) for one second to bring up the context menu.
- Tap Remove App on the context menu.
- Tap Add to Library rather than actually removing it.
How To Remove An App From App Library?
If you change your mind and want that app again on the home screen you can easily recover that app from the app library. Here’s how to get that,
- Go to the App Library.
- Find the app you want to restore. (You can easily do that by searching the app or find it in the category)
- Tap and hold the app’s icon until the pop-up menu appears.
- Tap “Add to Home Screen.”
- The app will automatically added to your home screen now!
How To Set App Download To View Directly In App Library?
If you want a downloaded app directly visible in the app library rather than viewing in the home screen, you can switch on an option in Settings to make sure they only appear in the App Library. Here’s how to do that, (Note:- this setting can also be restored later).
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap on Home Screen.
- Tap “App Library only” to keep new apps off of your Home screen.
- Toggle the switch ON to Show in the App Library. (Toggle it Off in case you don’t want it)
How To Search For Apps In The iPhone App Library?
Here’s how to find or search an app in the App Library,
- Open App Library, tap the search box at the top of the App Library. (In that you will see the list of almost every app you have in app library)
- To search for a specific app, start typing its name or else category (like games, etc.) In the search box to see the relevant results on that screen.
- You can also scroll through the entire list of apps or use the quick-picker on the right to jump to a particular letter. (From A to Z).
How To Delete An App In iPhone App Library?
The pre iOS 14 problem of losing an app in a folder you created and never being able to find it again when you wanted to delete that is now solved with directly deleting an app through the app library. Here’s how to do that,
- Go to the App Library
- Scroll down or search for the app you want to delete.
- Tap and hold the app, and then tap “Delete App”.
How To Find an Alphabetical App List In an App Library?
As we know iPhone App Library also has an Alphabetical App List for providing it’s users seamless experience to search an app. So here how to find the Alphabetical App List in an App Library,
- Swipe or Open the App Library.
- Swipe down on the App Library.
- Tap the app you’re looking for on the list. Now your apps are in alphabetical order.
- So whatever app you are looking for is now easy to find.
Should I Delete iPhone App Library?
The answer is nope! There is no option of deleting or removing the default app library so one cannot disable their app library, The feature is enabled by default as soon as you update to iOS 14. However, you don’t need to use it if you don’t want to. Simply hide it behind your Home Screen pages and you won’t even know it’s there!
“We have seen almost all about app library and how to use the app library, feel free to ask any queries arises in your mind”
- How To Sync With iTunes Without Deleting Apple Music Playlists?
- What is Other on Mac Storage? How to Delete it (Step by step guide)
- What is Android? Introduction of Android OS its Features & Applications
- How to unlock a disabled iPhone without iTunes or iCloud or computer
- iOS 14 update Draining Your iPhone Battery Life? Lets fix the problem!