It is almost impossible to use a smartphone without contacts as we humans hardly remember 2-4 mobile numbers. Having a device like an iPhone to save contacts is a great thing. But what if your iPhone is not saving contacts? As many iOS users have complained, “My phone won’t save new contact” how can I fix it!. Here in this article, we were going to give you some easy solutions that we found helpful. But first, let us understand the reason behind iPhone not saving contacts!
Why Does My iPhone Not Saving new Contacts?
New contacts won’t save on iPhone is a very rare phenomenon but you may face it. Why is my iPhone not saving new contacts?
- New iOS update, if you have updated your iPhone recently then you may discover a bug that prevents you from Saving Contacts on iPhone.
- A temporary iPhone Glitch can prevent you from saving a phone number.
- iPhone Jailbreak, jailbreaking your for more features is fun but sometimes it leads you to serious problems like iPhone Not Saving Contacts.
- Third-Party Apps. if you are trying to save contact through a third-party app (for example, saving via WhatsApp), it may fail or not show in the Phone/Contacts app.
Now that you know the reasons, here are the fixes to apply.
How To Fix iPhone Not Saving Contacts?
Here are several solutions that you may try to fix New contacts won’t save on iPhone.
Restart your iPhone
This is a quick, tried-and-true reliable solution to fix the iPhone not saving contacts. Restarting your iPhone clears a temporary glitch that’s preventing you from Saving a phone number. Just simply switch off your iPhone, wait for a few seconds and switch it on. Also, you can hard restart it. Here’s how,
- Here you need to do first is hold the side or top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time.
- You have to hold the button until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release the buttons.
- Open your iPhone and try to save the new contact.
Reset your contact settings
Why is my phone not saving new contacts? Sometimes the culprit might be within your contact app. The app could restrict your actions, preventing you from saving the contact. Here is how to reset your contact Settings,
- Open Settings from your home screen.
- While opening the settings menu here, you will see the heading “General Settings”. Tap on it.
- Then scroll down and Tap on “Restrictions”.
- On the screen, you will see an option “Contacts” under “Restrictions” and tap on contacts. Now turned on allow changes.
Hope this will fix the Not Saving Contacts iPhone issue.
Disable and enable iCloud contact
Almost every iPhone uses iCloud to save contact. Any glitch on iCloud could result in not saving contacts on your iPhone. To solve that glitch you need to disable and enable iCloud contact. Here’s how,
- Open Settings and tap your name from the top.
- Tap iCloud.
- Toggle off Contacts.
- Now, restart your iPhone.
- Again go to settings, locate iCloud and Finally, toggle on Contacts.
I am using Gmail to save iPhone contacts but it’s not saving it!. How To Fix iPhone Not Saving Contacts if you are using Gmail to store it?
- Open Settings and tap Contacts.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap the account which shows Contacts below it.
- Toggle off and wait for a few seconds then toggle on Contacts.
Try multiple times
This solution may sound frustrating but if you are unable to save just one or two contacts on your iPhone then trying to save it multiple times could solve the issue!. If you try five or six times to edit or save the contract it will work eventually. So if it’s urgent you should give multiple tries until Apple comes up with a permanent fix.
Save using the Contacts/Phone app instead of third-party apps
We do share our smartphone contacts regularly with third-party apps like WhatsApp. These apps are capable of saving contact directly within the app. At times, it may fail or fail even after appearing successful. For instance, you may think the contact is saved, but it might not show in the Phone/Contacts app. The solution is to restart your device frequently 2-3 times a week. Or else save the number using the Phone/Contacts app only.
Update Your iPhone
A new iOS version could solve the iPhone Not Saving Contacts issue permanently. It’s a major solution for any kind of issue and also having up-to-date software is great for your iPhone health. Go to Settings > General > Software Update. The screen shows the currently installed version of iOS and whether an update is available. If it’s available then download it without wasting time.
Report issue to Apple
Unable to save contacts on your iPhone after an iOS update then it might be some kind of bug preventing you from doing it. From the Handley solutions, you can’t fix those not saving contacts errors. In this case, you need to report the issue to Apple. Also, for a lasting fix. continue updating your iPhone to the most recent version of iOS.
Able to fix iPhone not saving contacts?
We hope this guide has helped you to deal with the irritating issue of the iPhone not saving contacts. Reporting to Apple or contacting Apple support could be the ultimate solution to fix New contacts won’t save on iPhone. You can use the comment box to drop your questions.