iPhone overheating after update? Here’s Why and How to Fix It
Does iPhone overheat after iOS 16 update? Don't worry here simple tips not only Stop Your Phone from Overheating but also optimize the battery life as well.
Overheating is one of the common issues reported by many smartphone users including iPhone users after iOS 16 update. And most commonly a bad-quality battery can be responsible for iPhone overheating warnings. The other thing can be suspect of this issue is the surrounding temperature, such as the place you put the iPhone or the hot weather. If iPhone overheats after update ios 16 it could be a compatibility issue. Again if a bunch of apps running in the background could drain the battery quickly and, as a result, end up heating up your phone.
If your iPhone gets hot when you are using it, that will not only disturb your phone activity but can also lead to iPhone damage. And to avoid feature damage here we have solutions to get rid of iPhone overheating issues.
Why your iPhone is overheating? Most probably its because the CPU or GPU which is the Graphics unit the processor is revving upto a 100% which caues a lot of heat to be produced because iPhone processors computer processors are designed to deliver short bursts of very high speeds and then back off.
How to stop iPhone from overheating
- Don’t put your iPhone in a place with too much heat
- If your iPhone gets hot when charging, stop this activity right away, check the cable and its adaptor. Maybe it’s not the original one.
- Remove the case and leave it like that until the phone cools down
- Whether you’re charging, gaming or something else; let your phone cool down if it gets hot.
Clear background apps
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen then stop when your finger reaches the middle and pause until the app cards/previews show up.
- In the app switcher, swipe sideways to navigate through the cards or previews.
- Swipe up on the card preview to force close individual apps.
Now restart your phone following the steps below to clear dump junk files cached on your phone’s internal memory and system folders.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Side and Volume Up buttons for a few seconds.
- Release both buttons when the Slide to Power off bar appears.
- Swipe or drag the bar to turn your device off.
- After about 30 seconds, press and hold the Side button and then release it when the Apple logo appears.
Install pending app updates
If your iPhone overheats after updating iOS 16, Updating iOS can help you to get rid of this issue because apple release new updates with various bug fixes that fix previous problems as well. If the iPhone overheating issue may be caused by the bug update iOS follow the steps below.
- Make sure the battery of your iPhone or iPad is fully charged, or charge the battery during the updating process
- Also, make sure you have a stable internet connection to download iOS update files from the Apple server.
- Now Open Settings >> General >> Software Update
- If the Software Update is available, tap Install Now.
Turn Off The Location Services
Location Services is a great feature on iOS that helps detect the location where you are now. But did you know this feature uses GPS to find locations and it will keep searching for it all the time? And that not only drains the battery quickly but also causes iPhone overheating as well. If Your iPhone getting hot Try turning off this feature from Settings >> Privacy >> Location Services.
Turn Off Personal Hotspot
And the same thing applies to personal hotspot, WiFi and Bluetooth which drain battery life and cause iPhone heat as well. If you did not use we recommend turn off the following services listed below.
- Open Settings >> Personal Hotspot. Here, tap the box next to “Personal Hotspot” until the color turns gray
- Go to Control Center by swiping up the bottom of any screen of your device. Tap a WiFi icon of you see it’s ON. Do the same thing with Bluetooth.
- Turn off background App Refresh (Settings > General > Background App Refresh)
If you haven’t configured your apps to auto-update, then there is chance older apps cause compatibility issues with iOS 16 that stuck running on the background. And that not only drainage iPhone battery life but also cause heat the device as well.
- From the Home screen, tap on the App Store icon to open the application.
- Tap on the Today tab at the bottom.
- Then tap on the user profile icon (Apple ID header) on the top right corner of the screen. You should see the account details.
- Scroll down to the Available Updates section.
- To update individual apps, tap the Update button next to the name of each app.
- If multiple app updates are available, tap on Update All to update all apps at once.
Reset all settings on your iPhone
Still, need help? Reset all settings on your iPhone by following the steps below.
Note: You will lose the settings that you’ve made because this method will reset the device to default settings
- From the Home screen, tap on Settings.
- Select General.
- Scroll down and tap on Reset.
- Tap Reset all settings from the given options.
- Enter your passcode if prompted to continue.
- Confirm the action by tapping the option to reset all settings on your device.
If the above methods fail to cool down the iPhone it’s recommended to contact the apple service center to fix the problem.
- iTunes not working? Here 8 solutions to fix Different iTunes errors
- iPhone Slow Down After iOS 16 Update? Speed it up with these 7 easy tips
- iPhone Keeps Disconnecting from WiFi After iOS 16 Upgrade? Here is how to fix it
- iPhone internet not working after iOS 16 Update? Here is how to fix it
- iPhone overheating after iOS 16 Update? 7 ways to fix iPhone overheating issue