If you are an iOS user, then you must be using iTunes for multiple reasons – from collecting your favorite music to backing up your device on iCloud. With the advancement in the iOS system, iTunes has changed a lot and is now packed up with numerous features. However, sometimes when you upgrade or degrade your iTunes version, then you might experience some trouble which are just a few common errors that can be fixed very easily.
Today, we are going to talk about common iTunes errors that you can experience anytime with the quick method to fix them instantly. To avoid any inconvenience with your iTunes app, you should read out below-mentioned problems carefully –
iTunes not working
Whenever you notice iTunes not working, iTunes Not Opening or iTunes Has Stopped Working with different errors here the basic solutions you must apply that fix various iTunes errors.
Update iTunes software
If you are still using an older version of iTunes when the new version is already available in the App Store, then this might cause trouble for you. You should download the latest version of iTunes on your Windows computer or MacBook, then you should update this software on your Apple device. If the cause of the error was your older version of iTunes, then after upgrading the software, your problem will automatically solve.
If iTunes installed from Microsoft Store
- Open the Microsoft Store app.
- Click on the three vertical dots icon (…)
- Then click Downloads and updates option.
Update iTunes on mac
- Within iTunes, click the iTunes menu and then click Check for Updates.
- In the pop-up window, click Download iTunes.
- Click the Update button next to the iTunes update.
- The App Store program then downloads and automatically installs the new version of iTunes.
Update your system
The error in your iTunes app might occur due to the pending updates available on your MacBook or Windows computer. If you have lots of pending updates available on your computer system and you haven’t updated any of them in some time, then you should immediately visit Windows update section on your computer and Install latest Windows update if available. By doing this you can fix various bugs present on your system which will automatically fix your iTunes.
Update mac OS
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu, then click Software Update to check for updates.
- If any updates are available, click the Update Now button to install them. …
- When Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, macOS and all of its apps are also up to date.
Update Windows 10
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the settings app,
- Click on Update & security than Windows update,
- Hit the check for updates button and let windows to download and install updates from the Microsoft server.
- Restart Windows to apply the updates.
Use USB cable
Sometimes when you aren’t able to connect with your iTunes Store, then the problem is not in your app, it is with your connectivity. So, instead of using wifi or data network, you should directly connect your device with thunderbolt or USB data cable. If the problem is connectivity, then it can be easily resolved after connecting directly with a USB cable.
Uninstall unstructured software
This is a very simple method to avoid iTunes common errors, it can be work on MacBook and other iTunes devices as well. You just have to install the unstructured software as per your device operating software support and it is very simple to install the software by following the built-in wizard.
Restart your PC
If your iTunes software is crashing again and again because of some rebooting problem in your computer system, then you should restart your computer. After restarting your computer, you should start your iTunes app and it will work smoothly for you.
Install iPhone data recovery
To smoothly run iTunes software on your computer or MacBook, you need to install the iPhone data recovery system on your device. From the user interface of this program, click on “Restore from iTunes Backup File” from the sidebar to check your previous iTunes files and from there you can recover lost iTunes files.
Check Apple server
Sometimes due to extra burden or for random up-gradation, Apple server might go down. So, you should check with the Apple system status website anytime to make sure that the Apple server is running properly or not. If the server is down, then you have to wait before everything fixed before using your iTunes app.
If you download the wrong firmware on your computer system, then this problem might occur for you. This can be a problem if you try to install a GSM firmware on a CDMA iPhone, or vice-versa.
Reset iTunes app
Sometimes simply restarting iTunes can be a helpful technique to get rid of the problem. As when some registry and file management error iTunes are solved through restarting,
Reset iTunes app on Windows 10
- Use the keyboard shortcut Windows + I to open the Settings app.
- Click on Apps then Apps & features.
- Here Under “Apps & features,” select iTunes.
- Click the Advanced options link
- Now click the Reset button
- And click the Reset button again to reset iTunes app its default settings
Fix iTunes Error 6
If you are getting iTunes Error 6 While Updating or Restoring iPhone/iPad with iTunes then an anti-virus software on your computer or bad USB connection may be causing the problem. Also some times iTunes Error 6 occur if iTunes-related or iOS-related files get corrupted.
- Disabling your anti-virus and run iTunes again to update or restore your device
- Check your USB connections, use a different USB cable, USB port or a different computer.
- Several users reported deleting all files that end with a .ipsw worked for them. To do that, following steps below:
Open the following location depending on your operating system:
- Windows 10 & Windows 8: \Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\
- Windows Vista & Windows 7: \Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates
- Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates
- Mac OS X : ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates
Delete all files that end with a .ipsw.
Restart your PC and check if this help to fix iTunes error 6.
Fix iTunes Error 7 (Windows error 126)
Outdated Microsoft NET Framework may trigger iTunes error 7 error message, so in this solution, we will try to update the Microsoft NET Framework.
- Go to this Microsoft link and find the updated version of the framework.
- Then, download and install the updated version of the Microsoft NET Framework on your system.
- Install the downloaded file and then reboot your PC.
- Check that your system gets fixed or not.
Fix iTunes Error 3259
iTunes error -3259 happens when security software installed on your computer conflicts with iTunes doing things like connecting to the iTunes Store or syncing with an iPhone or iPod.
- Make sure that your computer’s settings for date, time, and timezone are all correct.
- Make sure you’re using the newest version of iTunes that’s compatible with your computer since every new version includes important bug fixes
- Check that the security software installed on your computer is the latest version.
- Make sure you’re running the latest version of the macOS or Windows that works with your computer.
- Confirm that your internet connection is working properly
- check your hosts file to make sure connections to Apple servers aren’t being blocked
Try disabling or uninstalling your security software to see if that fixes the problem.
- If none of these steps fixed the problem, you should contact Apple to get more in-depth help.
Well, we hope that after reading all these common iTunes errors and their quick solutions, you will be able to use your iTunes software without any hassle. If you are not able to find any solution from the above-mentioned problems, then you can contact Apple support team anytime.