Did your Windows 10 computer or laptop internet performing very slow or keeps disconnecting from wifi? It’s really frustrating, especially If you are watching your favorite movie online or attend a zoom meeting or doing some important work. So you might have question on mind, why does my wifi keep disconnecting? Well the problem with wifi or internet keeps disconnecting or Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi and won’t reconnect can be caused by various reasons but outdated or corrupted Network Drivers are most common. Update the network/Wireless driver, Run network troubleshooter, Reset network settings are some common methods that are known to help in fixing laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi windows 10.
Wifi Keeps Disconnecting Windows 10
If you are struggling with similar problem, the Internet keeps disconnect on laptop, apply the solutions listed below to fix the issue and stable internet connection.
- Temporarily disable antivirus firewall or proxy.
- Disconnect from VPN if configured on your device.
- In addition, connect your mobile to the same wifi network to identify the problem is with the network device or your Windows 10 laptop.
Restart Network devices
Before apply any solutions the first thing we recommend, restart your laptop and router/modem. Doing this helps reset your network settings, clear temporary glitch might be causing wifi disconnect and fix your network issues.
- Shutdown Windows 10 laptop and disconnect the power adapter from it,
- Now turn off your network devices such as Router or modem and make sure unplug the power cable from them
- Leave all devices about 30 to 60 sec, plug power cables to your laptop, router or modem,
- Turn on the network devices router or modem then your laptop and check the wifi status.
Disable your network adapter power saving setting
Another common may cause WiFi keeps disconnect on windows 10 because your system turn off the Wireless network adapter to save power, especially for laptop users. Several users mention Disable network adapter power saving setting helps them fix the laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi windows 10.
- Press Windows key + X then select Device Manager.
- This will display all installed device driver lists, here expand Network Adapters entry > right-click on WiFi Adapter and click on Properties.
Note: In case you see too many entries, look for something that says Network or 802.11b or has WiFi in it.
- On the Properties screen, select the Power Management tab and disable Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option.
Run the Network Troubleshooter
Run the build-in Wifi network adapter troubleshooter that automatically diagnoses and fixes problems with the network adapter, or its installed network driver or incorrect settings that might be causing Internet keeps disconnect on windows 10.
- Open the Settings app on your Windows 10 device.
- Go to Update & Security then Troubleshoot.
- Navigate to Additional troubleshooters then select network adapter and click run the troubleshooter,
- Follow on-screen instructions to complete the diagnose process once done reboot your system.
Restart the Wi-Fi AutoConfig service
- Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and click ok
- This will open the windows service console, scroll down until locate WLAN AutoConfig
- Right-click on WLAN AutoConfig select restart.
Tip: If the service is not started then double click on WLAN AutoConfig to open its properties and change startup type automatic.
- Click apply then ok button, Now check if you still have WiFi connection issue.
Update Network Adapter Drivers
As discussed before, an outdated or corrupted Wifi adapter driver can also cause network and internet issues. Updating Network Adapter Drivers help fix WiFi disconnecting randomly on windows 10.
- Right click on the Start button and click on Device Manager.
- On Device Manager Screen, expand Network Adapters entry > right-click on the WiFi Adapter and click on Update Driver Software option.
If you see multiple entries, look for something that has Network, 802.11b or WiFi in it.
- On the next screen, select Search automatically for updated driver software option and follow the on-screen prompts to install updated driver software (if available).
Pro Tip: For better result we recommend reinstalling the wifi driver following steps
- Open device manager and locate the Wifi Adapter driver Right-click on it select uninstall device,
- Make sure to checkmark ‘Delete the driver software for this device.’ Click on Uninstall.
- Reboot you laptop to completely remove the old wifi adapter driver,
- Using different device Download the latest wifi diver for your PC and install it as an Administrator
- Restart your PC on the installation completes and check the WiFi status.
Reset network adapter using Settings
This is another most effective solution reset network adapter settings to its default, reinstall the network adapter driver and fix most of the Network and internet connection problems include WiFi disconnect frequently on windows 10.
- Open Settings using windows key + I
- Go to Network & Internet then Click on Status.
- Under the “Advanced network settings” section, click the Network reset option.
- Click the Reset now button.
Switch Network from Public to Private
- Open the Run window by pressing Win + R, input ms-settings:network-wifi and click OK.
- Click on your network and choose Private.
In addition, open the command prompt as administrator and perform the following commands one after one.
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
Once done reboot your laptop and check the WiFi status its stable now?
If everything fails, still laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi, then its time to look at or replacing your Router
- Wi-Fi not working on Android? 7 quick solutions to apply
- How to fix Internet connection problems on iOS / iPhone devices.
- 5 effective solutions to fix Macbook’s wifi connectivity problems
- How to fix Microphone not working in Windows 10 (updated Guide)
- iPhone wont turn on stuck on apple logo? Try this simple Hacks