Solved: Microsoft outlook not responding Freezes on windows 10
MS Outlook is one of the most stable as well as the most suitable email client program used worldwide. Maybe you are also one of them using Outlook email client on your PC. But sometimes you may notice whenever you try to click anywhere on the Outlook window, the entire screen becomes translucent with the message “Microsoft Outlook not responding” displayed on the title bar. Sometimes other users report Outlook freezes, Suddenly outlook closes with the Error message “Microsoft Outlook has stopped working”
Why does Outlook Freeze or Not respond?
There is a various reason that causes Outlook Not responding, Stopped working or Freezes at startup. Some of them are
- You have not installed the latest updates.
- Outlook is in use by another process.
- Outlook is loading external content, such as images in an email message.
- A previously installed add-in is interfering with Outlook.
- Your mailboxes are too large.
- Your AppData folder is redirected to a network location.
- You have to repair your Office programs.
- Outlook data files have become corrupted or damaged.
- Your installed antivirus software is outdated, or it conflicts with Outlook.
- Your user profile has become corrupted.
Fix Microsoft Outlook has stopped working
If you are unable to open or use Outlook 2016, Outlook Freezes not responding at startup, don’t worry Here we have collected 5 effective methods to repair and fix Outlook not responding, stuck or freeze Windows 10.
Note: Solutions are applicable to Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 running Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 Computers.
Temporarily disable your third-party antivirus software: Sometimes non-Microsoft security solutions might have come into conflict with Outlook and keeps it unresponsive. We advise you to turn off your antivirus product and see if the issue persists. If it is, try to configure the software to allow Outlook on your PC. If this is to no avail, contact your Security software manufacturer or opt for another solution.
Run Microsoft Outlook in Safe Mode
- If you found yourself Out stuck at Not responding for a long time then open Task manager (Right-click on Taskbar or press Alt+ Ctrl+ Del and select task manager)
- Here under the process tab look for Outlook.exe, Right-click and select End task. To close the application.
- Now Press Windows + R, type outlook /safe and hit Enter.
- If Outlook does not give you any problems, it is possible that one of its add-ins is creating problems.
- fallow next step Take a look at your installed Outlook add-ins and disable them
Disable Outlook Add-ins
When Outlook starts normally on safe mode, follow the steps below to Disable the outlook add-ins which may be causing outlook to stop working or not responding.
- Run Outlook in safe mode using “outlook /safe”
- Then Click File –>Options –>Add-Ins
- select COM Add-ins and then check on Go button
- Clear all the check boxes and then click on OK
- After that restart your MS Outlook
- Enable your add-ins one at a time to identify the culprit.
Stop Outlook from Loading External Content
Again Your Outlook can become unresponsive due to external, resource-heavy content, here is how to stop Outlook from loading external content.
- Open Outlook and go to File.
- Proceed to Options and navigate to Trust Center.
- Move to Automatic Download and enable the following options:
- “Don’t download pictures automatically in HTML e-mail message or RSS items”
- “Warn me before downloading content when editing, forwarding, or replying e-mail”
Restart your PC and check if the issue has gone. In addition, you should avoid involving external content in your emails.
Repair your Microsoft Office suite
Your Microsoft Office might be corrupt, Repairing Office programs sometimes do the magic and fix Outlook not responding issue. To repair ms office suite
- Save your work and make sure all your Microsoft Office programs are closed.
- type control panel on the Start Menu screen and select it.
- Enter the Programs and Features section.
- Here from installed programs right-click on Microsoft Office.
- Select the Change option.
- Select Repair and click Continue.
- Wait for the process to finish. Then restart your PC.
Also, make sure that your computer meets the Outlook system requirements (Outlook 2016/2013/2010 based on your version) and check all the latest Windows updates are installed on your system.
Repair Outlook data files
If Your Outlook data file (.pst) can be corrupted, this may cause outlook not responding at startup, We recommend first backup (copy-paste to another location) the outlook.pst file and use the scanpost.exe to check and repair outlook data files.
- Close your Outlook app.
- Navigate to the location C:\Program Files (or C:\Program Files (x86))\Microsoft Office\Office16.
- Open Office16 for Outlook 2016
- Open Office15 for Outlook 2013
- Open Office14 for Outlook 2010
- Open Office12 for Outlook 2007
- Locate SCANPST.EXE and open it.
- Click Browse and locate the outlook.pst file You can find it here: File -> Account Settings -> Data Files.
- Click Start. Wait for the scan to finish.
- Click Repair if there are any errors found.
- Close Outlook.
Now you should start Outlook, using the profile associated with the repaired file. The app should respond properly now.
Create a new Outlook user profile
Again sometimes ‘Outlook not responding’ issue might stem from your corrupt user profile. Creating a new profile may help you in getting rid of Outlook not responding problem if your current Outlook profile is damaged or broken (corrupted).
- Open Control panel, Programs
- Then select User accounts
- Choose Mail. Mail items will open.
- Select Show Profiles.
- Locate your corrupt Outlook profile and click on Remove.
- Then click Add to create a new profile.
- Type a name for it into the Profile Name dialog box.
- Specify the profile details and click on Next to proceed.
- Enter your email address and password for the new profile, then follow on-screen instructions.
- And after configure the new user profile outlook should work normally without freezing.
That’s all, Did these solutions help to fix “Microsoft outlook not responding windows 10”. Let us know on the comments below.