How to fix Minecraft OpenGL Error 1281 (6 solutions to apply)
Minecraft is a famous sandbox video game with a huge active player base crossing the 130million mark. With such a huge Player base errors are quite common. From which Minecraft OpenGL Error 1281 is one. If the parameters of a function call do not match the set of parameters allowed by OpenGL or do not interact reasonably with the state that is already set in the context, then an OpenGL Error 1281 will result.
In short, Minecraft OpenGL is a setting within your game that aims to make the game faster and smoother, by reducing the system’s rendering load by “instructing” the GPU to not render anything that is not in the player’s direct view. Obviously, an imbalance occurs, with the GPU working less but the CPU loads more.
By default, this option is set as On/Enable so users can have enhanced performance. However, it is very common to see cases where users experience the error message “OpenGL Error 1281”. Although OpenGL error 1281 is not a big deal as this error occurred when third-party variables and modules were running concurrently.
Minecraft OpenGL Error 1281
So what causing OpenGL Error 1281 in Minecraft? If you are experiencing this error while playing a fully modded Minecraft, there are chances some of the mode modules are conflicting with your game. Fault or corrupted shaders (shaders are graphics settings which usually imported by the user in their modded Minecraft), outdated OptiFine or if it’s in error state you will experience the OpenGL error. So how can we fix Minecraft OpenGL Error 1281? Just follow the below given troubleshooting solutions to fix OpenGL Error.
Make sure you are logging in to your device as an administrator and have a good active internet connection before we go on with the solution methods.
Disable Show GL Errors
How to disable OpenGL error Minecraft? The simplest and the most effective way to get rid of Minecraft OpenGL error 1281 is to disable Show GL Errors features.
To do so, follow these steps:
- In Minecraft, click Options.
- Click Video Settings > Other.
- Click Show GL Errors and turn it OFF
- Save the Settings and Restart Minecraft Game.
Try running Minecraft and see if it works properly or you still get those OpenGL errors.
Update Graphics Card
Missing or outdated graphics card drivers in Minecraft can lead to an OpenGL Error 1281. In order to resolve this error, you can try the latest version of your card driver.
Update Device Driver
- Press Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc and click ok to open device manager,
- Select a category to see the names of devices, then right-click (or press and hold) the one you’d like to update.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Select Update Driver and follow on-screen instructions.
- If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions.
OptiFine is a Minecraft optimization mod. It allows Minecraft to run faster and look better with full support for HD textures and many configuration options like; FPS rise, requires shader support, etc. If this optifine is obsolete then you may face Minecraft OpenGL Error 1281. Check your Minecraft for the version of OptiFine. If it is older, try visiting the official OptiFine download page and downloading the latest version as soon as possible. After updating the game make sure to restart your computer before launching Minecraft.
- Click this page to open OptiFine download center.
- Choose the latest version of OptiFine to download.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing.
- Restart your computer.
Remove All Shaders
In computer graphics, a shader is a type of computer program originally used for shading in 3D scenes. A shader is simply a program that runs in the graphics pipeline and tells the computer how to render each pixel. Since shaders use all the resources of the application, they are known to conflict with other mod modules. You should disable the existing shaders one by one and see which one solves the OpenGL Error 1281 message. Start with the latest one which you added to the game and work your way down. You can Cut and Paste the shaders to another location in case you want to use them later on. (Make sure not to use fault shader again).
Check Mods compatibility
If any of your modules are out of sync, meaning that one version of one mod is not compatible with another version of the other mod, you will experience this issue.
- Double-check all the mods installed on your computer and check their versions.
- If any of them have a mismatch, consider disabling the mod and try launching the game.
- You can easily check the version compatibility of the mod from their official developer website.
Time consuming yet one of the very effective solutions that can fix Minecraft OpenGL error 1281. If all the above solutions don’t work, you can proceed and reinstall the entire game.
- Press Windows + R, type “appwiz.cpl” in the dialogue box and press Enter.
- Once in the application manager, locate Minecraft, right-click on it and select Uninstall.
You can also uninstall the game by executing the uninstaller from the folder directory. Make sure that you also delete all the mod files and temporary setting files.
- Now navigate to Minecraft’s official website, insert the credentials and download the game again.
- Solved: video tdr failure atikmpag.sys windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Windows 10 Running slow? Here is how To Make Your Windows 10 Faster
- How to Stop Windows 10 Changing Screen Resolution it’s own
- Solved: Windows 10 BSOD video TDR failure (nvlddmkm.sys) Nvidia
- Optimize Windows 10 for Gaming with these 7 simple tweaks