Is Netflix not working on your android phone? Is Netflix video not playing on mobile? Can’t connect to Netflix on the phone? If you can’t watch Netflix on your Android here are common Netflix troubleshooting solutions to help you fix Netflix.
Netflix is one of the leading and most popular TV and movie streaming services globally, with over 200 million active paid subscribers. It offers a wide variety of award-winning TV shows, movies, anime, Netflix original, and documentaries. But what if you are all set to watch a movie and your Netflix stop working on android? Here is the list of solutions that you can try on which will help you get your Netflix back up and running again.
Why Is Netflix Not Working On Android?
Why is my Netflix not working? From video and language to logging in and connectivity, some issues result in Netflix not working and will diminish your ability to enjoy the service. If Netflix isn’t working, there are a few possible causes,
- A Bad Network Connectivity! A network connection issue can be a major culprit behind Netflix not working on Android.
- Device Incompatibility. An incompatible android can cause Netflix not to work properly. Update your device before starting Netflix on Android.
- Out of date Netflix Application! If you have not updated your Netflix application via Play Store for a long time then you might face Netflix not working android issues.
- Corrupt Cache. Cache helps us to open a service instantly. But sometimes those caches can get corrupted and prevent your Netflix from working on Android.
- A System Failure. A system UI failure can cause Your Netflix App Keeps Crashing.
How To Fix Netflix Netflix Not Working On Android
Is Netflix Not Working? Here Are The Best Solutions You Can Try On,
Note- Below solutions are also applicable to fix different types of Netflix problems such as Netflix streaming problems, Netflix app crashing, Netflix connection problem, Netflix error code 12001/1016/1011/1012, and more.
Restart Your Android
Is Your Netflix isn’t responding on an android device? Try to restart your Android. Sometimes a simple restart can help you to deal with big problems such as Netflix not working. Here how,
- Turn off your Android phone or tablet by holding down the power button.
- Confirm that you want to turn off your Android.
- To turn your Android back on, long-press the power button again.
- Try Netflix again.
You can also restart your modem and router in order to solve Netflix not working on Android
Check Your Connection
Netflix is a premium streaming service that requires good quality of the network to view or to download the videos. Ensure that your internet speed is up to par, and contact your internet service provider (ISP) if you encounter any slowdowns. If you are using cellular data then troubleshooting your internet is the best solution for Netflix not working on Android issues. Here’s how,
- Turn On Your Airplane Mode For A Few Seconds.
- Enabling Aeroplane mode will turn off cell phones ability to connect to any network and it will refresh your internet.
- After a few seconds Turn off airplane mode, Enable the internet, and try Netflix again.
Update The Netflix Application
Not able to connect to Netflix on Android? Netflix application needs to establish a secure connection with its servers. This Server is updated at a regular time interval for security reasons. But if you do not Update your Netflix application then it is not able to establish those connections making it not work on Android. Make sure to have the latest version of the app downloaded and installed on your device. Here’s how,
- Open Google Play Store.
- Tap on three horizontal lines in the upper corner.
- Select My Apps and Games.
- Tap on updates and check whether a Netflix update is available or not.
- If it’s available then download the update and try Netflix again.
Clear The Netflix App Data
If you are facing a problem of Netflix app crashing or freezing issues in your android device, then the culprit might be corrupted data or cache. Clearing the Netflix app data will permanently solve the issue in no time. Although, you have to log in to your Netflix account after cleaning app data so keep your password ready. Also if You’re Seeing Netflix Error 12001 on Android this solution was found very helpful. Here’s how,
- Open the Settings application on your android device.
- Navigate straight to the apps and notification menu. And click on see all downloaded apps.
- Then scroll down and tap on Netflix.
- Now go to Storage and cache then tap on Clear storage and Clear cache.
- Open Netflix Sign in again and see if it’s working properly or not.
Is Netflix Not Working on Android? The best solution is here, just Reinstall the Netflix app. But remember You’ll have to log in again. This step will definitely help you to deal with Netflix not working on Android issues. As it will clear all the bugs, Glitches, and corrupt data of that application. Here is how to reinstall Netflix,
- Open the Play Store app on Android and search for Netflix.
- Select Netflix app and on the store page, select Uninstall.
- To confirm, select OK.
- Once the uninstallation is complete, select Install.
- Once installation is complete, select Open. Sign-in
- Try Netflix again.
Update Your Device
If your Netflix is still not working on Android then there might be a compatibility issue that can be solved by updating your device. An up-to-date device is a major prerequisite for any application to run properly. So before opening Netflix check whether a software update is available or not. Here’s how,
- Open Settings.
- Select About Phone.
- Tap Check for Updates. If an update is available, an Update button will appear. Tap it.
- It will download and install the update automatically.
Check who else is using Netflix
You have tried all the above solutions but still, is Netflix not working on Android? Then check if you have given the password to others or have you logged in to any other devices. As if you don’t have premium plans then you can’t stream Netflix across more than one device. So make sure you and only you have logged in to the Android device. And Stop using it on any other devices.
Switch to a different connection
It might just be that the Wi-Fi or cellular connection you use isn’t working well at the moment so try to use a different internet connection for your Netflix. If possible, connect android to a different network. For example:
- Try to connect to a different Wi-Fi network in range or a different cellular network of your device. (Vise-versa).
Is Netflix Down!
Sometimes we can’t do anything about Netflix not working on Android problems as there might be a Server issue!. Visit a site like DownDetector to see if Netflix is down or if Netflix is having some server issues.
Netflix is Working Again!
We have done our major troubleshooting steps to fix Netflix not working on Android phones or tablets. Hope these solutions will help you to deal with Netflix,’s not working issues. If we have failed to mention any solutions to the issue that you are looking for, visit Netflix’s help center and type in the error code. Do you have any other tips you want to share with us? Tell us in the comment section below. Thanks for visiting and staying connected!
- What is VPN? Do you really need VPN to Protect Your Privacy
- How to use Chromecast on iPhone or Mac? (Mirror Your iPhone Using Chromecast)
- Unable To Update Android Phone? Here How To Fix It
- How To Download Instagram Stories On iPhone (explained)
- Android Says No Service or no signal Here How to Fix it