Fix Windows 10 blue screen error, PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA
Did you have an issue with Laptop where it keeps Crashing and restarts frequently after Windows 10 update? Sometimes in Mid usage, the blue screen appears out and the display system ran into an error and needs to restart. Error code Page Fault in Non-Paged Area. If you are struggling similar Windows 10 blue screen error, you are in the right place. Here apply the solutions below to fix PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD on Windows 10.
Page Fault in Non Paged Area Windows 10
The PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Stop code 0X00000050 occurs when requested data is not found in memory. The system generates a fault, which normally indicates that the system looks for data in the paging file. In this circumstance, however, the missing data is identified as being located within an area of memory that cannot be paged out to disk. The system faults, but cannot find, the data and is unable to recover.
And Faulty hardware, a buggy system service, antivirus software, and a corrupted NTFS volume can all generate this type of Windows 10 blue screen error.
Undo recent changes
First of all If the problem started after you have made any recent changes like installing applications or updating drivers, then suggest you undo those changes to see if it makes any difference.
Disconnect all external devices that include external HDD, printer scanner etc and restart Windows check if this helps.
This error is sometimes caused by interference from third-party antivirus software. To see if that’s the problem for you, temporarily disable your antivirus and check if the problem persists.
Perform startup repair
If the device frequently restarts with page fault in nonpaged area windows 10 boot loop, we need to access advanced options to perform startup repair that detect and fix the problems and prevent windows to start to normally.
- Boot Windows from installation media, if you don’t have check how to create Windows 10 installation media,
- Skip the first screen and click repair this PC on the next screen (refer to image below),
- Click Troubleshoot, then advanced options,
- Here on the advanced options screen click startup repair,
- Let windows detect and fix the problems,
- Check if this help to fix the problem and windows started normally.
Boot into safe mode
If startup repair fails to fix the problem, boot into safe mode. Windows 10 safe mode starts with minimum system requirements and allows to perform troubleshooting steps. Here follow the steps below to access safe mode boot.
- Again access advanced options,
- This time click startup options then restart,
- Now press F4 on the keyboard to boot into safe mode.
- When windows start on safe mode apply the solutions below to fix the page fault in nonpaged area windows 10.
Reset Virtual memory to default
If you have recently tweaked Virtual memory for Windows 10 optimization, we recommend set them to default following the steps below.
- Type appearance and performance on start menu search and hit enter.
- On the performance options window move to the Advanced tab,
- Under virtual memory click on change.
- Here Checkmark on Automatically manages paging file size for all drives option.
- Select the radio button no paging file and click on Set as shown image below.
- Click Apply followed by OK when you’re done.
- Reboot windows and check if this helps.
Disable Fast startup
This is another nightmare feature, introduced to reduce the windows startup time. But most of the time this Feature cause issue such as windows stuck at black screen or the system frequently restarts with a different blue screen error. A number of users on the Microsoft forum mention, disable the fast startup feature helps to fix the issue.
- To disable the fast startup option on Windows 10
- Open Control Panel search for and select Power Options
- Select Choose what the power buttons do
- Then click change settings that are currently unavailable
- Here uncheck the fast startup option as show image below.
- Click ok and apply to make save changes.
Fix Disk Drive Errors
- Open Command prompt as administrator
- Type chkdsk C: /f /r And press the enter key.
Here: CHKDSK is short of Check Disk, C: is the drive letter you want to check, /F means fix disk errors and /R stands for recover information from bad sectors.
- Type Y to schedule to run check disk utility on next start,
- close everything, and restart windows
- Let windows check the disk drive for errors and fix them
- wait until 100% complete the process and check if the problem is resolved.
Run SFC and DISM command
- Again open the admin command prompt window
- Type DISM restore health command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Press the Enter key and let 100% complete the scanning process.
- After that type command, sfc /scan and press enter key to run the system file checker utility
- This will detect for corrupted missing system files,
- If found any the SFC utility automatically restores them with the correct one.
- Restart Windows after 100% complete the scanning process
Run Memory Diagnostic Tool
This is another inbuild troubleshooting tool that helps to scan and find out memory related problems on Windows PC. Run this tool using the steps below to check for memory errors and make sure it’s not causing the issue.
- To run Memory Diagnostic Tool
- Press Windows + R, type mdsched.exe and hit the enter key.
- Click on the first option Restart now and check for problems.
- It will restart your PC and diagnose your memory problems.
- Let the program finish and, you can check the memory diagnostic test results from here.
- If any error is found, it will be reported.
- If this is the case, then it’s time to replace the erring memory module.
Update Device Driver
You are reading this means still the problem not resolved for you, don’t worry Let’s update device drivers. As installed driver software plays an important role on Windows 10 system performance. Update or reinstall drivers especially the display driver following the steps below.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and hit the enter key.
- Look for any driver will a yellow triangle mark right
- Click on it and select update driver.
- Select option Search automatically for an updated driver and follow on-screen instructions.
- Or you can visit the device manufacturer website,
- Download the latest available driver and save it to your local drive.
- Then again from Device Manager right click the driver (for example display driver) and select uninstall.
- Restart windows and install the latest driver you previously downloaded.
Check the Physical memory module
Finally, if none of those software methods work, it’s time to check your RAM. Just remove your computer’s RAM clean it and reinsert it perfectly after a few seconds. If your computer has multiple sticks of RAM, remove one and retest. If the fault persists, change the memory slot and retest. Or If the error keeps occurring, consider replacing your RAM.
Did these solutions help to fix Windows 10 BSOD error page fault in non paged area? Let us know on the comments below. Also read:
- How to Fix Word could not create the work file error windows 10
- Microsoft Outlook 2016 Stuck on loading profile windows 10
- How to Format USB drive using the command prompt in windows 10
- Fix Device Error Code 10, This device cannot start on Windows 10
- Fix The application was unable to start correctly Windows 10