Solved: Phone sound not working on android or iPhone
iPhone or Android phone speaker not working one of the most common issues faced by their respective users. There’s nothing more annoying than Android phone speaker not working especially if you are On a call hands free and Your phone speaker goes mute, or you are listening to music and your audio goes off on android or iOS. So what are the Solutions for audio issues on android or iPhone? Here in this article, we will cover all possible major troubleshooting solutions to fix phone sound not working on android or iOS.
Phone sound not working on android or iOS
This article helps to fix the following problems;
- Audio Not Working On Android Or iOS.
- iPhone no sound on incoming calls or App sound not Working iPhone
- App sound not working on Android.
- iPhone speaker stopped working
- My iPhone is not ringing.
- you hear no sound or distorted audio from your iPhone or Android speaker.
- Phone speaker volume suddenly lows android or iOS.
If you are facing some of the above given problems, then there is no need to rush into a repair shop, one can solve the phone speaker not working problem by self. You can easily fix the Audio Not Working Problem On Android Or iOS by yourself. Just follow the below given solutions.
Reboot Your Device
It may be some bug that prevents speakers from working properly on android or iOS. The bug is not harmful at all for your device but it may be the culprit for no sound. A simple reboot can be the solution for many problems so you can try it here to solve the Audio issue.
Hard Restart Your Device
If rebooting your device does not help you to fix the sound problem on android or iOS, then your phone may have some technical issue that requires a hard Restart. Here’s how,
- Press and hold the volume down button and the Power key for 10 seconds. This will force your device to power off and turn back on.
- When the logo shows, release both keys and wait until the phone has finished rebooting.
For Home Button iPhone
- Press and hold the side button or the Sleep/Wake button on the top of your phone (depending on your model).
- Drag the slider.
- And your iPhone will restart itself.
For iPhone Without Home Button
- Press and hold both the side button and either volume button until the slider appears on the screen.
- Drag the slider.
- And your iPhone will restart itself.
Check Phone’s Volume
If a restart can’t help you out of the audio issue, then you must have to check the volume of the phone, verify that the media volume isn’t turned down or off:
- Launch Settings on your device
- Click on sound and vibration. Or for iOS Tap Sounds & Haptics (on supported models) or Sounds (on other iPhone models).
- Click on Volume.
- Move the Media slider to the right to increase volume.
Check Out Silent Mode Button (iOS/iPhone)
It may sound very obvious, but you have to recheck if the silent mode button is off or On. Maybe, your iPhone is switched to silent mode. If it is so, just toggle the other way to turn on the loud mode. Then make sure your volume is turned up by pressing the volume buttons (“+”/”-“) on the side.
Disable Do Not Disturb (DND)
Your Android or iOS Do Not Disturb mode can silence notifications, alerts, phone calls, and text messages when you want to tune out your phone. This handy feature could be the culprit for no sound. So make sure you have Disable DND mode on your respective devices to fix audio not working on android or iOS. Here’s how to check that,
- Launch Settings application
- Click on Do Not Disturb (DND) Or search for it on Settings.
- Then Toggle the switch to off the DND mode.
Clean The Speakers
Nowadays many smartphones come with pretty unusual grills type shapes for speakers. They tend to get dirty or clogged by a lot of stuff and the result is audio not working in android or iPhone. At the time of cleaning the speakers, you can use compressed air or something like Q-tip or you can use a brush to clear any debris, make Sure do not to use a needle or any sharp objects since it can harm your device.
Update Your Device
If the sound problem is because of the software and not of hardware then updating your device will be the best solution for audio not working issue. New Android or iOS software could solve the no sound issue permanently. As a new software comes with many bug fixes it might be possible that it fixes any Sound bug (if it is there). If you disabled automatic system software updates on your android device you can download it manually (if the update is available). Updating your Android or iPhone device OS to the latest one would be a great thing. Here’s how,
- Launch settings
- Then click on the system
- And then check for a software update. Or you can search the word “update” in your settings.
- Launch Settings
- Click on general
- Then click on Software Update.
Check if your iOS version is the latest. If no, proceed with the update.
Reset To Defaults.
An advanced troubleshooting solution may help you to deal with audio not working problem or iPhone speaker stopped working or App sound not working Android and much more.
A factory data reset will remove all data from your phone. While any data stored in your Google Account or iTunes will be restored, all apps and their associated data will be uninstalled. So Before you perform a factory data reset, we recommend backing up your phone via iTunes for iOS or Google account for android. To return sound, you will have to reset your Android or iPhone by rolling it back to the default settings.
- Firstly, Go to settings scroll down and click the accounts and sync option then you will see your Google account click on that then click the more icon and remove your Google account.
- Then again go to settings, click about the phone, then select the backup and reset icon. After that, you will view the icon name erase all data(factory data reset) click on that, type any password (if you have one). And then your Android device automatically reset your phone to factory default.
For iPhone / iOS
Go to Settings > General > Reset.
Or you can restore to Recovery Mode.
Recovery mode helps you to solve minor to major problems, so it can easily solve iPhone speakers not working properly.
Firstly, download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer(PC).
Then run iTunes and plug in your iPhone or iPad to your computer.
- If a window pops up and says that you’re required to restore or update your iPhone, just follow the onscreen instructions to make it.
(Or you can force restart your device to put it in Recovery Mode and a pop up window will appear.)
- Once connected, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and the Home button, in order to force restart. You must keep holding until you see the iPhone Recovery Mode screen. Please don’t release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. It will probably take about 10 seconds for the iPhone Recovery Mode screen to appear.
- You will see the option to Restore or Update. Choose Update. iTunes will reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
- If your iPhone is stuck in Recovery Mode for more than 15 minutes and then the device exits from iPhone Recovery Mode, then, there may be a problem. Retry the process, but this time choose Restore instead. You will be in iPhone Restore Mode.
- Reset your device. If you had a backup either with iTunes or iCloud, you may be able to restore your old data from your backup.
- How to connect Bluetooth headphones to laptop windows 10
- Laptop has no sound after windows 10 20H2 upgrade? Here how to fix
- iPhone won’t turn on after iOS 14 update? Here 4 solutions to fix the problem
- 5 ways to fix Windows audio services not responding on Windows 10
- No Audio Output Device is Installed windows 10 (5 solutions to apply)