Looking for get rid of “Activate Windows – Go to settings to activate windows” watermark on Windows 10 your desktop? Here you are in the right place, the Activate Windows watermark indicates your windows license has expired. If you have valid Windows 10 product key (purchased from Microsoft store or somewhere else) you can enter to Activate Windows 10 and remove activate Windows watermark. But if you don’t have a genuine Windows key here simple registry tweak help to hide or remove activate windows watermark permanently on Windows 10.
Remove activate windows watermark registry tweak
Here simple registry tweak to remove activate windows 10 watermark, without a genuine product key.
- Press Windows + R keyboard shortcut to bring up the Run dialog box
- Type regedit in the Run box and press Enter to open Windows Registry Editor
- First backup registry database then go to the following key
- Here on the right panel, Look for PaintDesktopVersion Dword key
- Double click on the value “PaintDesktopVersion” And Change the value “1” to a “0”
- click “OK to save changes.” Close registry editor and restart your computer.
- Now check if there is no more activate windows 10 watermark on your desktop.
Remove the watermark by killing the process
If the registry tweak not work for you, Still you are getting “activate windows watermark” Here a simple notepad trick that helps to kill and remove Activate Windows 10 Watermark from your desktop.
Open notepad on your PC, You can do this by click on start menu search type notepad and hit the enter key. Type these following commands:
taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
- Now on notepad go to file and click “Save as”.
- Here select the location where you want to save the file.
- Then Change the save as type to All Files (*.*) and Give the file name as “ remove.bat”
- Now open the file location where you saved.
- You will see a file as shown below image.
- Right-click on the remove.bat file and click on “Run as administrator”
- A command prompt will be opened and closed itself,
- Now restart your laptop or desktop.
- That’s all there is no more Activate windows watermark on your Desktop.
Remove activate windows watermark permanently
Here another Easiest and permanent solution
- Right click on desktop > display settings
- Go to Notifications & actions
- There you should turn off two options “Show me windows welcome experience…” and “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions…”
- Restart your system, And check there is no more activate Windows watermark.
Did you find these tips helpful? let us know on comments below, also read