How To remove activate windows watermark permanently Windows 10
This post explain what Windows activation means and how you can remove the "activate Windows" watermark in Windows 10.
Looking to get rid of the “Activate Windows – Go to settings to activate windows” watermark on Windows 10 your desktop? Here you are in the right place, the Activate Windows watermark indicates your windows license has expired. If you have a valid Windows 10 product key (purchased from the Microsoft store or somewhere else) you can enter to Activate Windows 10 and remove the activate Windows watermark. But if you don’t have a genuine Windows key here simple registry tweak help to hide or remove activate the windows watermark permanently on Windows 10.
Remove activate windows watermark registry tweak
Here are simple registry tweaks to remove activate windows 10 watermark, without a genuine product key.
- Press Windows + R keyboard shortcut to bring up the Run dialog box
- Type regedit in the Run box and press Enter to open Windows Registry Editor
- First backup the registry database then go to the following key
- Here on the right panel, Look for PaintDesktopVersion Dword key
- Double-click on the value “PaintDesktopVersion” And Change the value “1” to a “0”
- Click “OK to save changes.” Close the registry editor and restart your computer.
- Now check if there is no more active windows 10 watermark on your desktop.
Remove the watermark by killing the process
If the registry tweaks not work for you, Still you are getting “activate windows watermark” Here a simple notepad trick that helps to kill and remove Activate Windows 10 Watermark from your desktop.
Open notepad on your PC, You can do this by click on the start menu search type notepad and hit the enter key. Type the following commands:
taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
- Now on notepad go to file and click “Save as”.
- Here select the location where you want to save the file.
- Then Change the save as type to All Files (*.*) and Give the file name as “ remove.bat”
- Now open the file location where you saved it.
- You will see a file as shown below the image.
- Right-click on the remove.bat file and click on “Run as administrator”
- A command prompt will be opened and closed itself,
- Now restart your laptop or desktop.
- That’s all there is no more Activate windows watermark on your Desktop.
Remove activate windows watermark from Ease of Access
Here is another Easiest and most permanent solution
- Right-click on desktop > display settings
- Go to Notifications & actions
- There you should turn off two options “Show me windows welcome experience…” and “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions…”
- Restart your system, And check there is no more activate Windows watermark.
Universal Watermark Disabler
If none above methods work for you, then you can use the Universal Watermark Disabler (third-party tool) to remove Activate Windows watermark by deceiving Windows to believe it has been activated.
- Download Universal Watermark Disabler from this page.
- Unzip the file and double-click on uwd.exe and install it.
- The application will run and then automatically log you off.
- Log back into your machine.
- The watermark should now be removed.
Did you find these tips helpful? let us know on the comments below, also read