If you have recently upgraded your iPhone or iPad with the newer and latest version, then you surely don’t want to spend hours restoring your favorite apps, important data, and your personal settings. You want to start using your new device instantly. So, to enjoy your iOS devices instantly, you can restore an iPhone or iPad from your iCloud or iTunes backup.
Again if you accidentally lost or broke your iPhone or deleted some important data from there that cause iCloud or iTunes backup comes very handy. From there, you can easily restore data. You can read more about the iCloud or iTunes (apples official backup solution feature) and how to backup iPhone to iCloud and iTunes from here.
Well, in this post, we cover the restore iPhone part if you have accidentally lost some important data, especially after the iOS 14 update Here steps to restore iPhone from iTunes or iCloud backup.
Make Sure To Backup Your Device
Foremost, you have to backup data present on your iOS gadgets so that you can restore it. Your backup needs to be recent enough to include all your important documents and apps you want to keep.
To backup your iPhone over the iCloud, you have to open Settings on your iPhone or iPad and tap your name/face at the top. Now tap iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups. To view your MacBook backup, you have to open iTunes and click on the top bar and select the Preferences. Now, you have to select the tab labeled Devices and you will see the date and time of your every backup.
If you don’t have enough recent backups, you should rectify it immediately by backing up your device.
How to Restore an iPhone from Tunes?
To restore your backed up data over iTunes account, you have to follow these steps.
Note: make sure to Turn off Find my iPhone option before restoring the iPhone.
- Open iTunes on your PC or laptop that you have used to back up your data.
- Next, you should connect your iPhone or iPad with the computer using a USB cable.
- If you receive a message with add your passcode or trust this computer, follow the onscreen instructions carefully.
- Please select your device when it appears in iTunes. If your device doesn’t appear, then you might have to re-establish the connection.
- Now, you have to select the restore backup option in iTunes.
- You can pick back up according to the date and time. Mostly it is advised to use the recent backup.
- Click on the restore option and now you have to wait for some time until the restore finishes. You have to enter your passcode to restore the encrypted backup files.
- You should keep your device connected with your computer after it restarts and waits for it to sync again with your computer. You can disconnect your iPhone and computer once the sync finishes. If you stuck somewhere while restoring data from iTunes, you could visit Apple’s official website for help.
How to Restore an iPhone from iCloud?
If you have backed up all your apps, documents, files and media files on your iCloud account, you have to follow these steps to restore your device.
- Switch on your new device. You will see the Hello screen. If you have already set up your device, then you have to remove all content from your device before using restoration steps.
- You have to follow the onscreen setup until you reach the App & Data screen, then you have to select the Restore from iCloud backup option.
- Next, you have to sign in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID.
- Select the backup. Look at the date and size of each and pick the most relevant. Once you have transfer starts. If the message says that a newer version of iOS is required, then you have to follow onscreen step by step update.
- When you sign in to your Apple ID account to restore your apps and purchases. If you have purchased iTunes or App Store content using multiple Apple IDs, you must sign in each account. If you don’t remember your password, then you can skip this step.
- You should stay connected and wait for the progress bar to appear and complete. According to the backup and network speed size, the progress bar might take time to complete almost an hour. If you disconnect WiFi too soon, then the progress will pause until you reconnect.
- Now, you have to finish setup and start using your device. Your content like your apps, photos, music, and other information, will continue to restore in the background for the next several hours or days, depending on the amount of information. Try to connect often to Wi-Fi and power to let the process complete.
How to restore photos from iCloud
- Go to iCloud.com in any web browser (you might need to sign in).
- Click on Photos.
- Click on Albums at the top.
- Click the Recently Deleted album.
- Click on the photos you want to restore.
- Click on Recover.
By using both the restoration methods, you can easily make your device according to your requirements. Within just a few clicks, you will be able to restore all your content on your iOS device and make your life super easy. It is a fascinating method to update your device without any hassle.
- iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode After iOS 14 Update? Here how to fix it
- Set Up New iPhone 12, (Transfer from old iPhone) Quick Start Guide
- Fix iPhone X Face ID Not Working After iOS 14 Update
- iPhone Slow Down After iOS 144 Update? Speed it up with these 7 easy tips
- Solved: iPhone No Service After Disabling Airplane Mode
- Fix AirPods keep Disconnecting From iPhone 12/ X / XS