If you are an android user you have definitely heard about safe mode. So what is Safe Mode on android? If you think it is a basic Feature that you will deal with when the time comes, you are wrong. One should at least know what is safe mode and How to Start your Android device in Safe Mode. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about what does safe mode do, how to enable safe mode and how to exit from safe mode.
Putting your android device into Safe Mode is One of the useful troubleshooting steps when you’re dealing with a complex software problem like app crashes, android stuck on a particular thing, and so on.
What is Safe Mode Android?
Safe mode is a diagnostic mode or a self repair mode of a mobile operating system (OS). It can also refer to a mode of operation by application software. Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all, problems within an operating system. It is also widely used for removing rogue security software (third-party apps or any malware).
In short, safe mode is a temporary Recovery mode of android in which it temporarily Disables any third-party application and starts your android device with your default apps. Safe mode is helpful to find out any culprits app by which your device performance is constantly decreasing. If you are experiencing multiple app crashes Or an unaccepted restart or your Android device stuck on a particular thing then safe mode can be used to remove the applications that cause these problems.
How to Start your Android device in Safe Mode?
Safe mode is a handy feature one can easily Enable by following some of the easy steps.
How to enable safe mode on android?
- Switch on your android device.
- Press and hold the Power button until the Reboot menu appears on the device screen.
- Tap and hold the Power off option until you see the Reboot to Safe mode message.
- Your device restarts in Safe Mode and does not load any third-party apps. You can uninstall the applications causing problems. Go to Settings > Applications to uninstall an application.
- That’s it!
For Android devices with Android 6.0 or later
How to enable safe mode.
- Switch off your Android device.
- Press and hold the Power button to start your device.
- As soon as you see the wake screen or a vibration, press and hold the Volume down key until the device starts into Safe Mode.
- Your device restarts in Safe Mode and does not load any third-party apps. Now you can uninstall the applications which cause problems on your device. Go to Settings > Applications to uninstall an application.
How to turn off safe mode on android?
You have entered into safe mode and done with your process so now how to exit safe mode on android, here is the simplest way to exit safe mode.
- Press and hold the Power-switch button.
- Click on the Restart option. And your device will automatically exit from safe mode and Restart itself in a normal mode.
- You can also turn off safe mode by opening your notification panel and tapping the “Safe Mode Enabled” notification.
Benefits of Safe Mode on Android
Safe Mode allows you to start your device using minimal functionality so that it limits the number of apps and processes running in the foreground and background. This can be very beneficial as there could be times when your android device has malicious files or apps or processes running that’s hindering its performance and crashes your android simultaneously or blocking you from using it. Putting your android on safe mode blocks third-party apps from operating, and can help you to diagnose issues with your device. Putting your Android in Safe Mode can increase its speed and fix errors although it limits the number of activities. In safe mode you can easily uninstall apps and corrupt files which cause problems on your android device, however, if you reinstall those apps or files on your android device later then the issue might come back.
Hope you guys now understand what is safe mode android, how to enable Safe Mode on android device and how to exit safe mode. And also the benefits of Safe Mode Android.