How to fix Unfortunately system UI has stopped working in Android
This can be caused by various factors, such as a software glitch, incompatible app, or corrupted system files. Restarting the device or clearing the cache partition can sometimes resolve the issue,
Did you notice, “System UI Keeps Stopping” or Getting ‘Unfortunately, System UI has stopped’ Error on your Android Phone? Like other Operating Systems Android OS causes many bugs and the System UI Has Stopped error is one of them. This error is quite annoying, occurs repeatedly and prevents users from using their smartphone services and features like cameras, different apps, etc. If you are also experiencing similar problem, In this post we have the best working solutions to fix Unfortunately system UI has stopped the black screen error on your android device.
What is system UI
System UI is any element that’s displayed on the screen that’s not part of an app and For app developers, System UI is the framework on top of which they build their app. (source)
Why does my System UI Keep Stopping?
There are plenty of reasons why you face the System UI Has Stopped Issue on Android. Some of the major reasons are given below,
- Corrupted OS update! OS updates are very helpful as they come with a lot of bugs, fix antidotes and improve the overall efficiency of your device. However, sometimes these OS updates may be corrupted due to which they do not download and install properly. And these can be the main reason behind your System UI Has Stopped Issue on Android.
- Lesser RAM! Opening too many apps at a time consumes more RAM Or having more UI Cache Data consume more RAM which leads the system UI to stop on Android.
- A corrupted file! An unwanted or corrupt UI file is also one of the main reasons behind System UI Keep Stopping. As a corrupted file stops the System from running properly.
It is not possible to say for sure which one of the above-mentioned reasons is causing your device to show Android SystemUI is not responding error.
How do I fix System UI has stopped Errors on Android?
In the following steps, we will provide some of the major troubleshooting solutions that you can try and Fix the System UI Keep Stopping issue on android.
Restart your Android Device
Sometimes, all you need to do is simply Restart your device as Restarting your device might be helpful to clear some of the bugs and will definitely help you to deal with the System UI Has Stopped issue. Rebooting your device clears some of the temporary files and fixes lots of major glitches sitting on your device. A normal restart is good where you have to switch off your device and again Restart it, but here we will suggest you do a hard restart as it is more effective!
- Press and hold the volume down button and the Power key for 10 seconds. This will force your device to power off and turn it back on.
- When the logo shows, release both keys and wait until the phone has finished rebooting.
Check if your issue has been solved, if not then move to other troubleshooting solutions.
This solution may sound weird, but several Android users have said that removing the widgets from the home screen has helped fix the System UI issue. So give it a try and remove all Widgets you have on your home screen like Google search, music Widget, etc., After removing them, restart your phone.
Uninstall Google Updates
Uninstalling Google Updates have helped many users to get rid of this error. Since Google Application is a pre-installed app you can not uninstall it completely, so one has to delete the recent updates from the Google app. Here’s how can you do that,
- Open the Settings application on your android device
- Click on Apps or Apps & notifications then click on Google.
- Now click on the three-dot icon located at the top of the right-hand side screen and select Uninstall updates.
- Then just simply restart your android device.
Updating your apps gives you access to the latest features and improves app security and stability. If you don’t update the App, you will be stuck with the bugs present on that version, even if the developer has already fixed them. This leads to a corrupted file and hence you may face System UI Has Stopped Error on Android. So make sure your apps are always up to date. Namely, To fix the issue, you will need to update Google Play Store and Play Services. Here’s how,
- Open Play Store on your android device
- Click on the three dash icon located on the top of the left-hand side.
- Select my apps and games
- Then Update all apps including Google Play Store and Play Services.
Clear system UI Cache
Your Android phone’s cache comprises stores of small bits of information that your apps, System and web browser use to speed up performance. But cached files can become corrupted or overloaded and cause performance issues as well as UI issues which further leads to stop System UI. A cache needn’t be constantly cleared, but a periodic clean out can be helpful. Here’s how,
- Open the settings on your device
- Click on Apps or Apps & notifications or system apps
- Tap on the three-dot icon at the top and select Show system apps
- Now, under System apps, search for System UI and click on it.
- Click on Storage followed by Clear cache. Also, Click on Clear data or Clear storage and then Restart your android device.
Reset app preferences
What if all the above solutions did not work and you are still facing System UI Has Stopped on your android device error? If the problem still exists you have to reset your app preferences. While resetting app preferences will not delete any of your personal data. It will only revert settings like permissions, restrictions, etc., to their default ones.
To reset app preferences follow the steps,
- Go to settings, click on the system or General Management setting
- Click on Reset, Then click on Reset app preferences or reset all settings
- And then restart your device
Update System Software
A New Android software update could solve the System UI Has Stopped Error on Android permanently. As new software comes with many bug fixes it might be possible that it fixes any System UI bug (if it is there). Having up-to-date devices is one of the major prerequisites of every Android device to work its features normally and properly. Updating your Android device software is a major solution to all the minor and big bugs you have faced related to the UI. As an update comes with loads of bug fixes. If you disabled automatic system software updates on your android device you can download it manually (if the update is available). Updating your Android device OS to the latest one would be a great thing. Here’s how,
- Open settings
- Then click on the system
- And then check for a software update. Or you can search the word “update” in your settings.
Reset your phone to factory settings
IMPORTANT: A factory data reset will remove all data from your phone. While any data stored in your Google Account will be restored, all apps and their associated data will be uninstalled. Before you perform a factory data reset, we recommend backing up your phone.
If you are still facing “unfortunately, system UI has stopped” error on your android device then You should go for an advanced troubleshooting solution. This consists of resetting your phone to its factory settings. Please note this is a last resort if all other options have failed. For factory reset, you can follow the following steps.
- Firstly, Open your settings app
- Click the Accounts and sync option then you will see your Google account click on that.
- Then click the more, and remove your Google account
- Then again go to settings, click about the phone
- Then select the backup and reset icon after that you will view the icon name erase all data(factory data reset) click on that, type the password (if you have one).
And then your Android device automatically reset your phone to factory default.
Did these solutions help fix System UI Has Stopped Black Screen Error on android phones? Let us know in the comments below.
- Android phone freezes or won’t respond or turn off itself? Let’s fix the problem
- Android phone not connecting to Bluetooth Devices? Here’s the fix!
- 10 tips to make your Android phone super fast without root
- What are some Best Weather Widget Apps for iPhone
- Airpods Not Switching Between Apple devices. Here’s how to fix it!