5 Simple Tips To Boost Your Phone’s Slowing Down Speed
Today smartphones have become an important part of our day-to-day life. This latest smartphone has a great processor, RAM and storage type along with a superb display. Although, like any other desktop or smart equipment, the performance of your smartphone will start to diminish after you use it for some time. That is every gadget at the end of the day will start lagging eventually. In a similar way our smartphone may slow down as more ‘junk’ keeps getting stored in the form of cached data, unused files and folders. But here in this article, we will share some simple tips to boost your phone’s slowing down speed.
Why does my phone keep getting slow?
What is slowing down my device? Various reasons may slow down your smartphone speed, such as Running too many apps or programs at a time, Having too little storage space, Using an out-of-date operating system, Having an aging battery, and more. If you have noticed your phone’s performance has been ‘slowing down’ Here, we have 5 useful tricks to instantly speed up phone performance.
Clear the cached data
Cached data can take up more storage space on your device than you might think. Every application that you use leaves a trace. All of these build up as cache in the RAM. This Cache data slows your smartphone over time.
Clearing those junk cached data can help reclaim the speed back. By clearing the cache you can boost your phone’s slowing down speed. Here’s how,
- Open Settings on your smartphone.
- Tap on Storage.
- Tap on the Cache option, and the device will ask if you want to clear the cache partition, click on confirm.
Update your Device
Updating your device is the Second best tip to boost your phone’s slowing down speed. An out-of-date operating system will let your device slow down over time. New updated software will improve the performance of your android devices and bring the speed back. Smartphone manufacturers share new updates with their users after a specific time period in which they offer UI updates, security patches, bug fixes, performance upgrades and much more. All this will ultimately help you to boost your phone’s slowing down speed. Here how can you update your system?
- Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Open Settings.
- Select About Phone.
- Tap Check for Updates. If an update is available, an Update button will appear. Tap it.
- It will download and install the update automatically.
Remove Unwanted Bloatware and Apps
Smartphones do have a lot of Bloatware that you might never use. Additionally, you install lots of applications from respected app stores for a specific purpose, but then you forget to uninstall those unwanted apps. This software takes some storage space and runs some background processes and adds to the data usage. Which ultimately consumes Device RAM, ROM and foreground cellular data. The more the app, the slower your phone’s performance will be. To fix this, just give your device a clean sweep by looking for unwanted apps and uninstalling them. If you cannot uninstall them then disable them. This will boost your phone’s slowing down speed. Here’s how,
- Open Settings app from your app drawer or home screen.
- Tap Apps & Notifications, then hit See all apps.
- Please scroll down the list until you find the app you want to remove and tap it.
- Select Uninstall.
Android devices display animations when they transition between apps, windows, and various menus. Animations oftentimes look slick, but they do take up time—and sometimes can even cause the phone to lag if it’s low on resources. These animations can slow down your device. The solution is simple: you just need to disable Animations to speed up your phone. Here’s how,
- Open Settings > About phone, then tap on Build number several times to enable it
- Now again, Go to Settings > Developer options, and scroll down to Window animation scale, Transition animation scale, and Animator duration scale.
- Tap on each of the animation options and turn them off.
It is one of the best tips to boost your phone’s slowing down speed.
What is slowing down my device? A syncing process can slow down your device. Disable sync to boost your phone’s slowing down speed. The moment the device syncs, it simply means that it is connecting data from your Android device to the server. To do this, it does a refresh at every preset interval and this will eat into your android’s performance for other activities. Since syncing is not that much important until or unless you want to transfer or upload materials to Google servers. You can keep Sync off for unrequired services. Here’s how,
- Open Settings on your smartphone.
- Locate and Tap “Accounts” or select the Google account name if it appears directly.
- This is usually designated with the Google “G” logo.
- Select “Sync Account” after selecting Google from the accounts list.
- Uncheck Sync Contacts and Sync Calendar.
BONUS TIPS TO BOOST YOUR PHONE’S SLOWING DOWN SPEED.
We Have Seen 5 Simple Tips To Boost Your Phone’s Slowing Down Speed. Now It’s Time To See Some Bonus Tips And Tricks To Speed Up Your Android Smartphone.
Don’t Use Live Wallpapers
Android’s live wallpaper feature is one of the amazing things to see on our screen. But eventually, it eats up a lot of space in RAM as compared to other Normal wallpaper. Even a new phone will show the effect of the wallpaper by eating away at battery capacity. It also depends on how the live wallpaper has optimized itself. Ones with high detail and movement will require more processor resources. So it is always recommended to avoid live wallpaper whenever necessary to boost your smartphone speed.
Limit Your Widgets
Does Widget take up RAM? It is unfortunate to say but even a small widget can use an unexpected amount of RAM. If you have multiple widgets running on your smartphone screen, they could be slowing your device down. Filling up your phone’s home screen with them is bound to result in slower performance and even shorter battery life. Here, if you restrict your home screen layout to a single page with limited apps and folders without any widget, you can make screen switching faster. It is the best tip to speed up your android smartphone.
If you follow the above-given suggestions, tips and tweaks will help in making your phone faster and smoother while in use. These 5 simple tips to boost your phone’s slowing down speed will definitely help you in regaining the speed. Lastly, we have mentioned two Bonus Tips that will further enhance your smartphone performance.
- 7 Different Ways to Speed Up WordPress Website Performance
- iPhone Slow Down After iOS 14 Update? Speed it up with these 7 easy tips
- Windows 10 Computer very slow after update? Here how to fix it
- 10 tips to make your Android phone super fast without root
- What are some Best Weather Widget Apps for iPhone
- Android Phone is connected to Wi-Fi but no Internet access? Here’s how to fix it!