Finally, today (19/09/2019) Apple Inc has launched iOS 13 update for compatible iPhone and iPad touch models. Already apple official says You’ll need an iPhone 6S or later, the iPad Air 2 or later, and the new iPad mini 4 or later, or the iPod touch 7th generation to get iOS 13 Update for free. Or we can say any device capable of running iOS 12 can run the latest iOS 13. And with the software update focusing on performance improvements Apple is recommending that all eligible users update to iOS 13.
Well, the new iOS 13 software update brings plenty of new features, including a dedicated dark mode which turns the background of the UI deep black or grey. On OLED iPhones, dark mode will help conserve battery life. A new swipe keyboard, and a revamped Photos app, Reminders, Mail, Music and more.
Also focuses on performance and quality improvements, And most importantly with iOS 13, everything is going to faster, from unlocking with Face ID (30 percent faster) and app downloads will be 50 percent smaller and updates 60 percent smaller. Apps will launch twice as fast in iOS 13, and much more.
Though Apple focused on under-the-hood improvements for iOS 13, there is a long list of New features available with iOS 13 that makes this an impressive new version of iOS.
iOS 13 compatible devices
There is a long list of devices compatible with iOS 13. But, in a nutshell, it will support all iOS devices launched since 2014. The new 2019 iPhone 11 is also included in the list.
The iPhones that will run the iOS 13 are iPhone 11, iPhone 11pro, iPhone 11pro max, iPhone X, iPhone XS, XS Max and XR, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6S and 6S Plus and iPhone SE.
And iPhone 5S (and older), iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Air (2013) won’t be compatible with the new iOS update. That means these devices not receive the latest iOS 13 update.
|DEVICES THAT WILL SUPPORT IOS 13, IPADOS 13|
|iPhone XS||12.9-inch iPad Pro|
|iPhone XS Max||11-inch iPad Pro|
|iPhone XR||10.5-inch iPad Pro|
|iPhone X||9.7-inch iPad Pro|
|iPhone 8||iPad (6th generation)|
|iPhone 8 Plus||iPad (5th generation)|
|iPhone 7||iPad Mini (5th generation)|
|iPhone 7 Plus||iPad Mini 4|
|iPhone 6S||iPad Air (3rd generation)|
|iPhone 6S Plus||iPad Air 2|
|iPhone SE||iPod Touch (7th generation)|
iOS 13 will be available for iPhone 6s and later models all the way to iPhone XS Max and latest iPhone 11.
How to Update to iOS 13
The latest iPhone 11, iPhone 11pro, iPhone 11pro max ship with iOS 13 pre-installed, but here we’ll take a look at how to install iOS 13 on older iPhones and iPads.
Prepare for iOS 13 Update on iPhone & iPad
- Most importantly Backup Device before the new update takes place
- Check and make sure your device compatible with latest iOS 13.
- Make sure sufficient storage available for the iOS 13 update
- Also, it’s a good idea to update all iOS apps on the device so that they are new and more likely to be compatible with the latest iOS release.
- Also make sure you have stable Internet connection or connect WiFi network to smoothly download iOS 13 update files from apple server.
- if your device’s battery is below 50 percent, you’ll need to plug it in to a charger during the update.
Bonus: Remember Your iPhone Password
Your phone will restart after you upgrade to iOS 13 and it might requires your screen passcode to unlock your iPhone. So please always remember your device screen password or you will be locked out of your device after installing the update. You should also remember your iCloud passcode and apple ID. In case of losing files after updating, you can restore files from your iCloud backup.
Backup Device before the new update takes place
You can choose to back up data on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch via iCloud — or via iTunes on a PC or Mac. Here follow steps below to back up all your data before downloading the iOS 13.
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Open Settings, select your name and tap
- Tap iCloud Backup. (For those on iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Backup).
- Also, make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on.
- Tap Back Up Now.
You should also make sure to check the backup is completed. You can do this by opening Settings, tapping on your name, going to iCloud > iCloud Storage > Manage Storage and tapping on your device from the list.
If you choose to back up your device using a computer, you can use the built-in backup function via iTunes.
Here’s how to back up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch using iTunes:
- Make sure your iTunes is updated to the latest version, open it up, and plug your iOS device in.
- Follow the onscreen steps if a message asks for your device password or to Trust This Computer.
- Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch when it appears in iTunes.
- You can save Health and Activity data from your iOS device or Apple Watch by selecting Encryptand creating a passcode.
- If you don’t want to save your Health and Activity data, you can just click Back Up Now.
After the process is done, you can check to see if the backup finished successfully by clicking iTunes Preferences > Devices(on a Mac) or Edit > Preferences > Devices (on a PC).
Download and Install iOS 13
The easiest way to get iOS 13 is to install it right on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch you want to update.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- This will begin the process of checking for new updates on your iOS device.
- Once iOS 13 is available for your device, A notification about iOS 13 should appear and you can tap Download and Install.
- Tap Agree when you see Apple’s Terms and Conditions with respect to the new software package and its features.
- It can take a while, during which time you won’t be able to use your device, so tap Install Tonight or Remind Me Later if you want to postpone for a more convenient time.
Note: The speed of the download depends on how fast your Internet connection is. Further, it is worth noting here that you need a Wi-Fi connection to start the download process as Apple doesn’t allow iOS downloads over mobile data.
How to Fix Unable to Install iOS 13 Update Error?
- Tap on Settings > Enable Airplane Mode.
- Switch Off your iPhone.
- After 30 seconds or so, turn it back on and disable the Airplane mode.
- Next, try to update your iPhone as you would normally do by using Settings> General >Software Update.
Update iOS 13 using iTunes
If you prefer, you can download and install iOS 13 from your computer using iTunes. Here’s how:
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer.
- Open iTunes and select your device. In iTunes 13, you click the device’s icon in the upper-right corner of the iTunes window.
- Click Summary > Check for Update.
- Click Download and Update.
- Follow any on-screen prompts, such as selecting Next on the iPhone Software Update screen, and Agree on the terms that follow.
- The iOS 13 update process will begin immediately. Wait while iTunes downloads iOS 13 and install it to your iPhone or iPad.
Note: Your device reboot during the iOS 13 upgrade, so don’t unplug it until it powers back on for good and iTunes shows that it’s fully updated.
- iTunes not working? Here 8 solutions to fix Different iTunes errors
- Fix iPhone X Face ID Not Working After iOS 13 Update
- How to Turn on and use live listen with AirPods iOS 12
- Solved: Siri app suggestions not working after iOS 12 Upgrade!
- Make iPhone Camera Shoot Photos in JPG Instead of HEIC in iOS 12