After over a year of testing in the channels of the Windows Insider program, finally, Microsoft has made Windows 10 May 2020 update version 2004 available for everyone. The latest Windows 10 2004 update introduces a set of new features including WSL 2.0, Cortana as a standalone app and other improvements to Windows 10 and faster performance for older hardware. All compatible devices receive Feature update windows 10 vision 2004 notification for free.
How to get the windows 10 May 2020 update
Like previous updates, Microsoft is rolling this one out in stages, and you might not see it instantly on your machine.
“You may not see Download and install now on your device as we are slowly throttling up this availability, while we carefully monitor data and feedback,” Microsoft explains
Here official video explains how to get the Windows 10 may 2020 update right way.
So prepare your PC for Windows 10 may 2020 update and wait for it. But If you don’t want to wait for Microsoft to roll out the update to your PC you can force windows update or use Official Windows 10 update assistant to Get the Windows 10 may 2020 update right now. Let begin the steps, But make sure your system meets minimum system requirements for Windows 10 version 2004.
Microsoft has increased the amount of free space needed to install the May 2020 update to 32 GB, an increase from the 16 GB needed for 32-bit versions and 20 GB for the 64-bit versions, which ZDNet’s Liam Tung called “entirely unrealistic.” Microsoft is also introducing “reserved storage,” allocating 7GB of the disk to ensure that future updates can be installed smoothly.
- Also, update all device drivers especially GPU drivers
- Temporarily uninstall Antivurs (If installed on your PC)
- Check and make sure data and time settings are correct.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection to download update files from the Microsoft server.
- Its best practice disconnect VPN if configured on your PC.
- Well, we highly recommend to backup all important documents before upgrade your PC.
Force Windows update to install Windows 10 2004
The official way is to wait for Windows 10 version 2004 to automatically appear. But you can always force Windows update to get it right now.
- Open Windows settings,
- Click on Update & Security then Windows update,
- Here click on check for updates button.
- Click down if you see Feature update to windows 10 version
- This will start downloading update files from Microsoft server,
- Here Depending on your Internet speed, the download times will vary.
- And after that you will need to restart your device, to apply these updates
- The update will begin installing just like a regular update, but it’ll take a little longer to apply.
- If a prompt appears, select your privacy settings, and continue with the installation.
- That’s all After completing the process Press Windows + R, type winver and ok to check the installed Windows 10 version and build number as shown image below.
Using Windows 10 update assistant
If you don’t see Feature update windows 10 version 2004, available for your device or Windows update failed to install with different errors. You Can consider the Official Windows 10 update assistant to manually install the new feature update.
- Open Windows 10 Download page
- Click the Update now button to download the Update Assistant tool.
- Right click on Windows10Upgrade.exe file and select run as administrator,
- Click yes if ask for User Account Control Access.
- Now you’ll see the Windows 10 Update Assistant introductory screen.
- When you are ready to proceed, click Update Now.
- First The Update Assistant will run a compatibility check on your system and check each of its major components.
- If your device is compatible, click the Next button to begin the upgrade.
- Now click next The actual download will begin a few moments after this screen appears.
- The download process will take a little while to complete, wait until complete 100% complete.
- Once the download is complete, the Update Assistant will verify the download to ensure a successful installation.
- Now you will see a countdown will appear in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Once the update is ready, You can wait 30 min to automatically restart windows,
- Or click on Restart now to restart immediately and install windows 10 version 2004 or you can schedule restart later.
- The installation takes about 20 to 30 minutes, depending on your hardware and internet speeds.
- After your computer restarts (a few times), Windows 10 will go through the final steps to finish installing the update.
Then You’ll see the Login screen. After you enter your password and get back into your system, you’ll encounter the final screen of the Update Assistant, Like, Thank you for updating to the latest version of Windows 10, click on exit.
Using Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
Microsoft also offers the Media Creation Tool that allows you to manually perform an in-place upgrade or clean installation of Windows 10 latest version 2004.
- First Download the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft support website
- Then Double-click the MediaCreationTool.exe file to start the process.
- First Click Accept to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Next Select the Upgrade this PC now option and click Next.
- Confirm that the Keep personal files and apps option is selected.
- If it’s not, click the Change what to keep link to modify the settings. Otherwise, your files, apps, and settings will be erased in the process.
- Then click the Install button to begin.
- The Windows 10 setup will take over and install the May 2020 Update on your PC,
- The installation shouldn’t take longer than 30 minutes,
- but again it’ll depend on your hardware configuration, internet speeds, and other factors.
Download Windows 10 2004 ISO
Microsoft also releases the Windows 10 ISO files for the May 2020 Update Version 2004. You can get download the Windows 10 Version 2004 ISO files Directly from Microsoft Server By the Following link, Bellow.
As usual Windows 10 feature upgrade brings new features and improvements to refresh the OS, With the latest May 2020 update Cortana is becoming a windowed app that can be updated from the Microsoft Store, undocked from the taskbar and it can be moved around your desktop.
Task Manager now displays your disk type (SSD or HDD), which allows you to identify the storage hardware installed in your system.
Microsoft is introducing a new feature called “Specialized Displays”, which can be configured from Settings > System > Display. that allows you to use the second monitor as a Specialized Display for a specific purpose, such as gaming rigs, monitor panel for testing and validation in factories, etc.
Windows 10 now also allows you to configure support network cameras, which are IP based cameras used in security scenarios.
The update also focuses on tablet experience and it comes with a new tablet experience for 2-in-1 devices. The feature is for convertible devices, which are supposed to easily serve as laptops or tablets.
- Solved: Microsoft Store install button Greyed out Windows 10
- Fix the “Critical Process Died” Stop Code 0x000000EF in Windows 10
- Laptop buying guide (What factors to consider when buying a new Laptop)
- How to connect Bluetooth headphones to laptop windows 10
- 5 effective solutions to fix Windows 10 Search Problems