Microsoft has finally released the Windows 10 version 20H2 for everyone and the October 2020 Update will begin rolling out via Windows Update soon. If you want to get it right now, open Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click on Check for updates. You will see the update name as Feature update to Windows 10 version 20H2. Also, you can download the official Windows 10 ISO file from the link below and update your PC with it.
If you follow these steps and do not see “Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2” on your device, you might have a compatibility issue and a safeguard hold is in place until we are confident that you will have a good update experience.
Upgrade your PC to Windows 10 for free!
If you still use Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, you can upgrade your PC to Windows 10 for free. Yes, you can upgrade your PC from Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 for free by downloading the Windows 10 ISO file and upgrading with it. Generally, any PC that can run Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 can run Windows 10. You can upgrade any PC with the same ISO file, you just have to download it once. You can also use the ISO file to create a bootable drive and do a clean install.
You can also follow this method to update your PC from an older version of Windows 10 to the latest Windows 10 October 2020 Update version 20H2 build 19042.
Check your PC for Windows 10 20H2 update
Open System Properties on your PC (press Windows + X, and then press Y, or on Windows 7 right-click on Computer and click on Properties) and check the Windows edition and System type. You will need to know this for the next steps.
Download Windows 10 20H2 ISO file
Download the correct ISO file from the links below. These links will generate a direct download link from the official Microsoft server. Choose 64-bit or 32-bit based on your System type These are direct download links to the English US ISO files.
The ISO files are for Windows 10 20H2 Update version 20H2 build 19042.330. The same ISO file includes all the following editions:
Windows 10 Home
Windows 10 Home N
Windows 10 Home Single Language
Windows 10 Pro
Windows 10 Pro N
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations N
Windows 10 Pro Education
Windows 10 Pro Education N
Windows 10 Education
Windows 10 Education N
Upgrade to Windows 10 with the ISO file
- Open the ISO file by double-clicking on it.
- Double click setup.
- Get important updates: Select Download and install updates and click Next.
- You can also skip this by selecting Not right now and get the Cumulative Update later in step 10 below.
- Checking your PC. This will take some time.
- If it asks for Product Key in this step, that means your current Windows is not activated.
- Applicable notices and license terms: Click Accept.
- Making sure you’re ready to install: This might take a bit longer. Just be patient and wait.
- Choose what to keep: Select Keep personal files and apps and click Next. If it is already selected by default, just click Next.
- Ready to install: Click Install.
- Installing Windows 10. Your PC will restart several times. This might take a while.
- After Windows 10 is installed, open Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click on Check for updates.
- Install all the updates. This includes updates for Windows 10 and drivers.
If you face any difficulty feel free to discuss the comments below. Well if you are existing Windows 10 users running Windows 10 version 20H2, you can use an official update assistant or media creation tool to manually upgrade to Windows 10 October 2020 update.
Here Microsoft team explains, how to get Windows 10 October 2020 Update.
- Solved: Feature update to Windows 10 version 20H2 Failed to Install
- How to Rollback windows 10 Version 20H2 Update
- Windows 10 New sandbox Feature allows safely test unknown applications in isolation
- Fix: Your windows license will expire soon but windows 10 is activated
- How to fix Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Error on Windows 10