Whatsapp is an important part of our digital life, with the help of which communication has become more simple and friendly. It’s used by over 2B people in more than 180 countries which is a huge mark and milestone for any application. The platform is used to share images, messages, videos, documents, and these days you can even transfer money using your WhatsApp. With such vast features and huge users and Databases, whatsapp is dominating the instant messaging market.
With the new status story feature, a lot of users use Whatsapp Camera to capture photos and videos to share them with their friends & family. However many users complain that their Whatsapp camera is not working or sometimes it is stuck while loading. WhatsApp camera not working properly or WhatsApp camera problem has been raised in recent days. You may face an error message saying “camera failed” or “can’t start camera” when you try to take a picture or video with the WhatsApp camera. Due to any technical glitch, if the WhatsApp camera is not working, or stuck while loading on your smartphone then don’t need to worry here we have a list of solutions that can help you to deal with this issue.
WhatsApp Camera Not Working
The camera is not capturing any object. For some other users, it is the Whatsapp front camera not working or the WhatsApp video call camera not working, can’t start the Camera, Please restart your phone, black screen, etc., so without further delays, let’s see some tried-and-true solutions that can fix the whatsapp camera problem in no time.
Restart Your Device
Whenever you face any issues regarding your device not only for the WhatsApp camera not working, the first and the basic thing you do is restart your device. You must try to refresh your phone memory as it gets loaded when used for a long time and throw errors like the WhatsApp camera not working properly. A simple restart can fix all the things out there. This will also rule out the possibility that the problem is caused by some minor firmware-related problems. Here is what you need to do,
- To restart the device, press and hold the power button on the side of your device and then press the Restart option when it pops up
- The device will restart itself, after booting check whether the WhatsApp camera problem has been solved or not.
Is Your Camera Working Fine!
If you finished your restart then also WhatsApp camera not working properly then you should check the basic camera app of your smartphone. To check the Camera, open the camera app and click some images and record a video. If it’s working fine then you can follow the below given solutions for more help to solve the Whatsapp camera problem, but if your official camera app is not Operating then it may have any software or hardware issue in your Camera or its sensors. That can be fixed by some troubleshooting solutions you can contact the service center.
Check WhatsApp’s permissions
One of the most common reasons as to why an app can no longer use a certain service is the permission. Most apps require a certain kind of permission to work properly, if your WhatsApp camera is not working properly that means you need to check if you have given permission to work that feature or not. Here’s how,
- Locate Whatsapp from the app drawer.
- Tap and hold on its icon until options show.
- Select App info.
- Scroll down to find Permissions and tap on it.
- The next screen will show you the services that the app is allowed to access.
- Make necessary changes and give all necessary permission like access to the media files and camera and then try using WhatsApp again.
Keep your WhatsApp Up-to-date to avoid any kind of errors. This type of instant social media messaging application requires regular updates. So make sure to update your application whenever it’s available that can prevent errors like Whatsapp Camera Not Working Or Stuck While Loading.
- Move ahead and open the Play Store.
- Search for WhatsApp.
- If an update is available then, download and install it.
Hard to say, but if none of the above solutions have fixed WhatsApp Camera not working problem then you have to reset your WhatsApp!. Resetting WhatsApp basically means clearing its cache and data. This will bring the app back to its default settings and configuration as of new software. You have to again log in with your existing number. Make sure to backup data before resetting to avoid consequences. Here’s how,
- Locate your WhatsApp through the app drawer or from the home screen.
- Tap and hold on the WhatsApp icon until options show.
- Tap App info.
- Touch Storage.
- Tap and select Clear cache.
- Now, tap Clear data and touch OK to confirm.
- Restart the device to apply the changes and then open WhatsApp.
The Ultimate solution and the final resort is to Reinstall Whatsapp!. After all the troubleshooting methods, if you still face the camera issue on WhatsApp then reinstalling is the best option. Sometimes the main cache file is corrupt and you have to uninstall that particular application. After that, download a fresh copy from the Play Store to make sure you’re using the latest version. Before doing that make sure to have a backup so that you don’t lose any important conversation or data. Here’s how to reinstall Whatsapp,
- Locate your WhatsApp icon through the home screen, then tap and hold till you get the options.
- Now select uninstall to delete WhatsApp.
- After that, Open Play Store or App Store and search for WhatsApp in the search bar.
- Then tap on Install or get to install the App.
- Now login again with your mobile number and restore the data first.
After applying the above steps, try to open the Camera in WhatsApp and capture a photo/video to check whether it’s working or not.