Did you notice the laptop keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi after Windows 10 1909 upgrade? Wi-Fi automatically goes of internet access after 15-20 mins. For some others after installing the latest patch update, WiFi keeps dropping the internet connection every 10 minutes or so and the access to the internet is cut off for 10 – 20 secs and then comes back. Or WiFI adapter automatically got disabled and can’t enable without restart.
WiFi connection on my laptop got disconnected automatically and its happening very frequently. Or sometimes when I click the Wi-Fi symbol on the toolbar, I can see only my network & it is shown connected but No internet access.
This problem mostly occurs due to some issues with the WiFi drivers installed on the computer. It might be either due to the incorrect or incompatible drivers installed on the computer. If you already have the correct drivers that it could be due to some corruption with the drivers. Again sometimes incorrect network configuration, Power Management Issue or windows 10 WiFi Sense feature cause this problem. Whatever the reason here 5 effective solutions help to fix WiFi disconnects automatically on Windows10, 8.1 and 7.
Windows 10 wifi keeps disconnecting
- First of all Once restart your router and PC, that fix the problem if any temporary glitch causing the problem.
- Disable Security software (antivirus) if installed. Also Disable VPN if configured.
Use the network troubleshooter tool to fix the problem automatically.
- Open Settings.
- Click on Network & Security.
- Click on Status.
- Under “Network status,” click the Network Troubleshoot button.
- And let windows to check and fix the problems automatically for you.
- Restart windows and check the problem resolved.
If the troubleshooter didn’t fix the problem, you can reset all your network adapters using these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Network & security.
- Click on Status.
- Click the Network reset button.
- Click the Reset now button.
Using this process, Windows 10 will automatically reinstall every network adapter that has been configured on your device, and it’ll reset your network settings to their default options.
Change the power management
Sometimes Windows might be turning off your network adapter to save power. Try turning off the power-saving option in the network adapter’s properties, that helps to fix the problem
- Press Windows and X key together and select Device Manager.
- Locate the Network adapter and expand the driver icon.
- Right Click on the network driver and click on Properties.
- Navigate to Power Management tab
- Here uncheck the option that says “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”
- Click ok to make save changes, restart windows and check there is no more WiFi Disconnect problem.
Uninstall and Reinstall the WiFi Drivers
As discussed before Corrupted, incompatible WiFi adapter driver is the most common reason behind WiFi Frequent disconnect problem. Try to reinstall the Driver for WiFi adapter, this most probably fixes the problem for you.
Uninstall the Device Drivers
- Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
- Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
- Search for the Wireless Card device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and restart the computer if prompted.
After the restart, open the Device Manager again and then click on the “Scan for hardware changes” button. Check if Windows detects the Wireless Card device and installs an appropriate driver automatically. If the issue still persists, then try the next step.
Check Windows Updates for the latest drivers
Check-in Windows updates if any driver updates are available. If so, install the same and check if it helps.
- Type “Updates” in the start menu and click on the icon “Check for updates” from the search result.
- If the updates are available, then install all the updates listed there.
Or Visit Laptop manufacturers website, download and save the latest WiFi driver for your PC. Run the setup.exe and follow on-screen instructions to install the latest WiFi driver on your PC. Restart Windows to take effect the changes, now check there is no more WiFi Disconnects problem.
Did these solutions help to fix WiFi disconnects automatically windows 10? let us know on comments below, Also read: