Part of the 20H1 development branch Today (04/12/2019) Microsoft has released Windows 10 build 19035 for both the Fast ring and the Slow ring insiders. With latest build, the Insider Preview watermark is removed and also Microsoft announced Windows 20H1 preview build officially Windows 10 version 2004. it indicates that the update is nearly complete so there are aren’t any new features, included on latest preview build 19035 but focuses on overall system improvements bug fixes for several problems previously submitted by insiders and some known issues as well.
General bug fixes and improvements
The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build.
Based on user feedback Microsoft has decided to pull off Notepad from Microsoft store.
- If you pinned Notepad to your Taskbar or Start menu, you will need to re-pin after you upgrade to this new build.
- If you had certain file types set to open in Notepad by default, you will see a prompt when you try to open files of that type again and will need to re-select Notepad.
Starting with the latest preview build Microsoft has noted, they have completed the earlier experiment related to deliver updates through Windows Update. That means If you have a device that was part of the experiment, you’ll no longer see the Optional Updates link under Settings > Windows Update.
And this change also resolves an issue where after successfully installing printer drivers from the Optional Updates section, the same driver is still showing as available for install.
Fixed an issue that could result in fingerprint (if enabled) sometimes unexpectedly not being offered as a sign-in option after waking your device from sleep.
Fixed an issue that could result in certain apps not launching the first time you tried after resetting the app via Settings.
There are some known issues as well that include,
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- After install recent builds, setup rolls back and returns error code 0xc1900101.
- Windows update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- External USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10
- Optimize Drives app incorrectly reporting that optimization has never run on SSD devices.
Microsoft is listing the complete set of improvements, fixes, and known issues for Windows 10 Insider Preview build 19035 at the Windows Blog.
Download Windows 10 build 19035
Users registered with the Windows Insider Program running one of the most recent builds using the Skip Ahead option can download build 19035 via Windows Update. Or you can manually check for updates from Settings, update & security. If you are looking to download Windows 10 build 19035 ISO you can get it from here.
As is normal with builds early in the development cycle, builds may contain bugs that might be painful for some. We recommend not to install preview builds on the production machine. If you love early access windows 10 upcoming features we recommend install preview builds on Virtual machine.