Microsoft has released a new cumulative update KB5001330 (OS Builds 19041.928 and 19042.928) for devices running the latest Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2. Also, there is a new update KB5001337 available for windows 10 November 2019 update bumps the OS number 18363.1500 shipped a fix for multiple security vulnerabilities.
Windows 10 version 1903 reached the end of life in December 2020 and won’t publish any new cumulative updates for it. Microsoft has noted.
KB5001330 for Windows 10 20H2
The latest Windows 10 KB5001330 download and install automatically once your Device connected to the Microsoft server. Only you need to restart your PC to apply the update.
To Manually download and install Windows 10 Build 19042.928, open Settings app > Update & Security and check for updates.
Well Installing the latest security update KB5001330 change build number Windows 10 Build 19042.928 and Build 19041.928 (You can check and confirm using winver command).
Windows 10 KB5001330 Changelog:
- Improve security when Windows performs basic operations and using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or pen.
- Resolves a potential elevation of privilege hitting Azure Active Directory, For more information, see CVE-2021-27092 and Policy CSP – Authentication.
- Fixed an issue in “which a principal in a trusted MIT realm fails to obtain a Kerberos service ticket from Active Directory domain controllers (DC)”.
This occurs on devices that installed Windows Updates that contain CVE-2020-17049 protections and configured PerfromTicketSignature to 1 or higher. These updates were released between November 10, 2020 and December 8, 2020. Ticket acquisition also fails with the error, “KRB_GENERIC_ERROR”, if callers submit a PAC-less Ticket Granting Ticket (TGT) as an evidence ticket without providing the USER_NO_AUTH_DATA_REQUIRED flag.
- The latest update also includes fixes for recently discovered security bugs related to RemoteFX vGPU
- Includes several security improvements for the Windows Shell, the Windows User Account Control, the Windows Kernel, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge Legacy.
The Certificate issues still continue on this update as well.
System and user certificates might be lost when updating a device from Windows 10, version 1809, or to a later version of Windows 10. Microsoft recommends going back to the previously installed version of Windows.
The correct Furigana characters may not be displayed when using the Microsoft Japanese Input Method Editor. Microsoft is working on a resolution.
Some devices, created using custom offline media or ISO images, may have Edge Legacy removed but not replaced by the new Edge. Microsoft has a workaround for this.
Windows 10 KB5001337 changelog
Windows 10 KB5001337 for version 1909 also getting the same fixes that include,
- Improve security when Windows performs basic operations and while using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or pen.
- Resolves a potential elevation of privilege hitting Azure Active Directory
- Addresses issue in “which a principal in a trusted MIT realm fails to obtain a Kerberos service ticket from Active Directory domain controllers (DC)
- includes fixes for recently discovered security bugs related to RemoteFX vGPU
- includes several security improvements for the Windows Shell, the Windows User Account Control, the Windows Kernel, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge Legacy.
System and user certificates may be lost when updating from Windows 10 Version 1909 or earlier to the latest version. If you have already encountered this issue, you will need to roll back your previous version of Windows.
Download windows 10 update offline
To install the patch, head to Update & Security in the Settings app and check for updates. Or you can also download the offline installers from the above link and update your PC manually.
For Windows 10 Version 20H2
For Windows 10 Version 2004
For Windows 10 Version 1909
If you are looking for Windows 10 20H2 ISO image click here.
If you face difficulty installing these updates, check our Windows update troubleshooting guide here.
- Solved: print jobs stay in the queue after printing windows 10
- Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration Windows 10
- How to Fix IP address conflict Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- How to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10