Microsoft has released a new cumulative update KB5013942 (OS Builds 19041.1706, 19042.1706, and 19043.1706) for devices running the latest Windows 10 versions 21H2, 21H1, and 20H2. Also, there is a new update KB5013945 available for windows 10 November 2019 update bumps the OS number 18362.2274 and shipped a fix for multiple security vulnerabilities.
Windows 10 version 1903 reached the end of life in December 2020 and won’t publish any new cumulative updates for it. Microsoft has noted.
KB5013942 for Windows 10 21H2
The latest Windows 10 KB5013942 download and install automatically once your device is connected to the Microsoft server. Only you need to restart your PC to apply the update.
To Manually download and install Windows 10 Build 19043.1706, open Settings app > Update & Security and check for updates.
Well Installing the latest security update windows 10 KB5013942 changes the build number Windows 10 Builds 19041.1706, 19042.1706, and 19043.1706 (You can check and confirm using winver command).
Windows 10 KB5013942 Changelog:
The latest update fixed several security issues and a bug whereby a feature called “Lightweight Directory Access Protocol” could fail to perform its operation if SamAccountName and UserAccountControl attributes are detected.
This update contains miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality. No additional issues were documented for this release.
known issues :
- Custom offline media or custom ISO image installations on devices may remove Microsoft Edge Legacy but may not replace it with the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge.
- Some devices may be unable to install updates, throwing the error “PSFX_E_MATCHING_BINARY_MISSING”.
- Connections may fail to authenticate when using smart card authentication in Remote Desktop Connections.
Windows 10 KB5013945 changelog
- Addresses an issue that might occur when you use Netdom.exe or the Active Directory Domains and Trusts snap-in to list or modify name suffixes routing. These procedures might fail. The error message is, “Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.” This issue occurs after installing the January 2022 security update on the primary domain controller emulator (PDCe).
- Addresses an issue that causes the primary domain controller (PDC) of the root domain to generate warning and error events in the System log. This issue occurs when the PDC incorrectly tries to scan outgoing-only trusts.
Addresses a known issue that might prevent recovery discs (CD or DVD) from starting if you created them using the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) app in Control Panel. This issue occurs after installing Windows updates released January 11, 2022 or later.
- After installing updates released May 10, 2022 on domain controllers, you might see authentication failures on the server or client for some services.
- These services include Network Policy Server (NPS), Routing and Remote access Service (RRAS), Radius, Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), and Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol (PEAP).
- An issue has been found related to how the domain controller manages the mapping of certificates to machine accounts.
Download windows 10 update offline
To install the patch, head to Update & Security in the Settings app and check for updates. Or you can also download the offline installers from the above link and update your PC manually.
Windows 10 KB5013942 Direct Download Links: 64-bit and 32-bit (x86).
For Windows 10 Version 1909
If you are looking for Windows 10 21H2 ISO image click here.
If you face difficulty installing these updates, check our Windows update troubleshooting guide here.
- Solved: print jobs stay in the queue after printing windows 10
- Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration Windows 10
- How to Fix IP address conflict Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- How to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10