Microsoft has releases feature updates to Windows 10 version 20H2 to end-users. The latest major update for windows 10 comes with a redesigned start menu with theme-aware tiles that adjust their color scheme according to the user’s chosen theme. A new more touch-friendly taskbar, ability to adjust the refresh rate for a display and more. Well, all compatible devices get a notification to download Windows 10 version 20H2. And when you are ready and hit the download button Windows 10 20H2 update download and install on your device. That means you have more control over windows 10 feature updates. But unfortunately, some users are experiencing issues where feature update to Windows 10 version 20H2 failed to install Apart from this, the windows 10 20H2 update stuck for some users.
If you are also struggling with the Similar problem, Windows 10 20H2 update stuck downloading or failed with a different error here how to fix and get Windows 10 October 2020 update the right way.
Windows 10 version 20H2 failed to install
If Windows 10 20H2 update stuck downloading or failed to install:
- Disable antivirus and VPN /Proxy software before the update.
- If updates are failing repeatedly, turn off ‘Metered Connection‘ in your network connection settings. Restart your system and try again.
- The new Windows 10 version 20H2 update is big in size (2GB-4GB). If your internet connection is slow, it may take hours to download.
- Again Microsoft this time recommends 32 GB free space on system Drive to download and install Windows 10 version 20H2. Make sure you have free space on the system drive or run storage sense to free up disk space.
- Also, we recommend removing all external devices connected to your device while checking for updates. Because there may driver conflict cause Windows 10 20H2 update to fail.
Run Windows Update troubleshooter
Run the built-in Windows update troubleshooter following the steps below. That automatically detects and fixes the problems prevent windows 20H2 updates to install.
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the settings app,
- Click Update & security then Troubleshoot,
- Then select Windows Update and click Run the troubleshooter
- This will start the diagnose process, check Windows Update and its related services running,
- Check the software distribution folder for any buggy updates prevent windows updates to install.
- Restart Windows after complete the troubleshooting process,
- Again check for updates and hit the download button to install the windows 10 October 2020 update,
- Hope this time your PC successfully download and upgrade to Windows 10 version 20H2
- Restart windows to apply changes and use Winver command to check Windows version and build number.
Windows 10 20H2 update stuck at 0% or 95%
If Windows 10 version 20H2 download or install stuck at 0% or 95% this is because Windows update components corrupted. And Reset Windows update components a good solution that fixes most of Windows 10 update problems.
Follow the steps below to reset Windows update components
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok
- This will open the Windows services console,
- Scroll down look for Windows update service,
- Right-click on Windows update service select restart,
- Do the same process (Stop) with BITs and Superfetch service
- Now Press Keyboard shortcut Windows + E to open file explorer
- Then Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
- Here delete everything within the folder, but do not delete the folder itself.
- To do so, press CTRL + A to select everything and then press Delete to remove the files.
Don’t worry about these files, Windows update download fresh update files from Microsoft server on next time you check for updates.
- Again open the Windows services console and start the Services
- To do this right-click on Windows Update service and select start
- Well restart windows and again check for updates,
- Hit the download button, to install Windows 10 October 2020 update.
- hope this time your device successfully upgrades to the latest Windows 10 20H2.
Run DISM Restore health command
If you still have a problem installing Windows 10 version 20H2 Run DISMrestorehealth command following the steps below. That prepare Windows image and fix any issue with your Windows 10 installations.
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- Type command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press the enter key.
- Let the process complete 100%
- After that run command sfc /scannow to run system file checker utility that detects and restore missing system files with correct one.
- Restart Windows after 100% complete the scanning process.
- Now check for and install Windows 10 version 20H2 without any problem.
Use the Media Creation Tool
If the above solutions didn’t fix the problem still Windows version 20H2 fail with different errors then use the official Windows 10 20H2 media creation.
windows 10 update assistant
Also, you can use the official Windows 10 update assistant that helps to upgrade version 20H2 without any problem.
- Open Windows 10 official site and click on update now to download windows 10 update assistant
- Right-click on windows 10 update assistant select run as administrator,
- Finally, click the Update Now button and follow the on-screen prompts to update your system to the latest release of Windows 10, version 20H2.
- Solved: We couldn’t connect to the update service windows 10
- How to Rollback windows 10 Version 20H2 (October 2020 Update)
- 8 Tips to set up and start your New Windows 10 Laptop in right way
- Upgrade your PC to Windows 10 20H2 (October 2020 Update) for free
- Fix Windows 10 blue screen error, PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA