Today Microsoft finally roll out feature update for Windows 10 version 21H1 aka May 2021 Update for everyone. And as announced before Windows 10 21H1 Update is a minor update to Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 update, includes a few new features and refinement only. The latest Windows 10 may 2021 update, mainly focuses on performance and security enhancements that will improve the operating system’s overall experience. Windows Hello multicamera support, Windows Defender Application Guard performance improvements, Chromium Edge as default browser are some notable changes in this build.
Microsoft says this update comes with a lot of improvements that should improve overall user experience.
For devices running Windows 10 2004 and 20H2, the 21H1 update is minor and quick to install because Microsoft is rolling out the feature update via an enablement package that allows you to update your system very quickly with a single reboot like a cumulative update. And for anyone running a version older than 2004, the 21H1 update will feel an update like a regular Windows 10 feature update.
How to download Windows 10 21h1 update?
Microsoft notes: “Windows 10 May 2021 Update is now available for users on the most recent versions of Windows 10 who seek the new update via Windows Update.” That means you can grab the update manually checking for updates. Well before that make sure the latest windows 10 updates installed on your PC that prepares your Device for May 2021 update version 21H1.
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the settings app,
- Click on Update & security than Windows update,
- Here you will notice an optional update available “feature update to windows 10, version 21H1“
- Click on download and install now to get the update from the Microsoft server,
- Once the download process completes, you need to restart your PC to apply the changes.
- After that run winver command to check the current Windows 10 version and OS build number.
If you follow these steps and do not see “Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1” on your device, you might have a compatibility issue and a safeguard hold is in place until we are confident that you will have a good update experience.
Note: Also you can use the official media creation tool Windows update assistance to manually upgrade the latest Windows 10 version 21H1.
Here in this video Microsoft team explains Windows 10 May 2021 update feature and how to get it now.
Windows 10 21H1 ISO download
Well, Windows 10 May 2021 Update (Version 21H1) ISO image file also available for download. Here we have links to download the latest Windows 10 version 21H1 ISO direct from the Microsoft server.
Windows 10 21H1 Features
Microsoft has aimed the Windows 10 21H1 release primarily at enterprises, but a few potential features from recent builds are intriguing Redesigned start Menu, Improved Notifications display experience, Improved settings, New chromium edge as default browser and more.
- Windows Hello multicamera supports to set the default as the external camera when both external and internal Windows Hello cameras are present.
When you have both an external and internal Windows Hello camera on your PC, you can now set the default camera as your external camera. Windows Hello is used for signing into PCs.
- With the latest Windows 10 21H1, Microsoft has improved Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Group Policy Service (GPSVC) and made it perform more quickly “to support remote work scenarios.”
- Microsoft has speed up Windows Defender Application Guard Performance, Its a feature that lets administrators configure applications to run in an isolated, virtualized container for security
- The chromium edge browser now comes preinstalled with the feature update, offers better performance and promises faster web page rendering with new collections feature and more.
- And most importantly all your information found in Control Panel’s System applet will be migrated into the ‘About’ Settings page under Settings > System > About.