Today Microsoft finally roll feature update for Windows 10 version 20H2 aka October 2020 Update for everyone. And as announced before Windows 10 20H2 Update is a minor update to Windows 10 2004/May 2020 update and includes a few new features and refinement to the start menu, a new more touch-friendly taskbar, brings the popular Alt+Tab shortcut to access apps and web tabs, new Chromium-based Edge browser as default browser and more.
Microsoft says this update comes with a lot of improvements that should improve overall user experience.
For devices running Windows 10 2004, the 20H2 update is minor and quick to install because Microsoft is rolling out the feature update via an enablement package that allows you to update your system very quickly with a single reboot like a cumulative update. And for anyone running a version older than 2004, the 20H2 update will feel an update like a regular Windows 10 feature update.
How to Get Windows 10 20H2
Microsoft notes: “Windows 10 October 2020 Update is now available for users on the most recent versions of Windows 10 who seek the new update via Windows Update.” That means you can grab the update manually checking for updates. Well before that make sure the latest windows 10 updates installed on your PC that prepares your Device for October 2020 update version 20H2.
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the settings app,
- Click on Update & security than Windows update,
- Here you will notice an optional update available “feature update to windows 10, version 20H2“
- Click on download and install now to get the update form the Microsoft server,
- Once the download process completes, you need to restart your PC to apply the changes.
- After that run winver command to check the current Windows 10 version and OS build number.
If you follow these steps and do not see “Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2” on your device, you might have a compatibility issue and a safeguard hold is in place until we are confident that you will have a good update experience.
Note: Also you can use the official media creation tool Windows update assistance to manually upgrade the latest Windows 10 version 20H2.
Here on this video Microsoft team explains Windows 10 October 2020 update feature and how to get it now.
Windows 10 20H2 ISO download
Well, Windows 10 October 2020 Update (Version 20H2) ISO image file also available for download. Here we have links to download the latest Windows 10 version 20H2 ISO direct from the Microsoft server.
Windows 10 20H2 Features
Microsoft has aimed the Windows 10 20H2 release primarily at enterprises, but a few potential features from recent builds are intriguing Redesigned start Menu, Improved Notifications display experience, Improved settings, New chromium edge as default browser and more.
- With the latest Windows 10 20H2, the Start Menu adds more transparency to the tiles which matches the color scheme of the app that make it easier to discover your favorite apps.
We are freshening up the Start menu with a more streamlined design that removes the solid color backplates behind the logos in the apps list and applies a uniform, partially transparent background to the tiles,” Microsoft explains.
- The chromium edge browser now comes preinstalled with the feature update, offers better performance and promises faster web page rendering with new collections feature and more.
- Alt + Tab keyboard shortcut allows you to switch between the open windows of your apps (UWP or Win32), but The company says after installing the windows 10 20H2 update it will show your Edge tabs right alongside the app windows.
- You can now change your display refresh rate from Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings.
- And most importantly all your information found in Control Panel’s System applet will be migrated into the ‘About’ Settings page under Settings > System > About.