Microsoft has officially made Windows 10 May 2021 update version 21H1 available for everyone. And all compatible devices receive Windows 10 version 21H1 notification for free. Well, Microsoft rolling the update in stages that means some regions may get Windows 10 May 2021 update a bit later than others. If you are excited to install Windows 10 21H1 update can’t wait until Microsoft to roll out. Here are the ways to download and install the May 2021 Update right now: Windows Update, Media Creation Tool and Update Assistant.
Windows 10 21H1 Update system requirements
- RAM: 2GB of RAM for 64-bit and 1GB of RAM for 32-bit computers.
- Storage: 20GB of free space on 64-bit and 16GB of free space on 32-bit systems.
- Screen resolution: 800×600
- Graphics: Microsoft DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0
- Intel CPU: All processors up 10th-gen, Intel Xeon E-22xx, Atom, Celeron, and Pentium.
- AMD CPU: All processors up to seventh-gen.
- Qualcomm CPU: Snapdragon 850 and 8cx.
Windows 10 21H1 update download
Before attempt to upgrade the latest Windows 10 version 21H1 perform the following steps.
- Temporarily uninstall antivirus software if installed on your system,
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection to download update files from the Microsoft server.
- Check the date and time zone are correct and disconnect VPN if configured on your PC.
- we strongly recommend backup all important data before Install windows 10 21H1.
- And remove all external devices like external USB or SD cards. and update all install driver software.
Check for Windows update
If your system meets the minimum system requirements follow the steps below to force Windows Update to install Windows 10 21H1 update.
- Press Windows + I to open Windows settings
- Click Update & security then windows update,
- Hit the check for updates button, And let Windows 10 see what updates are available.
- If you see an update named “Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1“,
- This is the May 2021 Update and you need to click the download button to download and install the update.
- This will start downloading windows update files from the Microsoft server.
- When it’s done downloading and performing a preliminary install, Windows will prompt you to restart your PC
- And after that, it will finish the installation and boot you back into Windows with the May 2021 Update installed.
- Also, you can use Winver command to check the windows 10 version and build number.
Here video, Microsoft official explains how to Get Windows 10 May 2021 update right way
Windows 10 May 2021 media creation tool
If checking windows updates didn’t show the windows 10 version 21H1 being available, Then you can use the Official Windows 10 21H1 update media creation tool To get install Windows 10 may 2021 update on your device. For those unfamiliar with this tool, the Media Creation Tool can be used to upgrade an existing Windows 10 install or to make a bootable USB drive. Also download Windows 10 ISO image file, which can be used to create a bootable DVD, that you can use to upgrade a different computer.
- Open Windows 10 download page on the web browser,
- Under create, installation media Click download tool now
- Once it is downloaded, Right-click on MediaCreationTool21H1.exe select run as administrator,
- Once started, you will be greeted with a license agreement that you must agree to before continuing.
- After you accept the license agreement, please be patient while the tool “gets things ready”.
- When done you will be shown a screen asking whether you would like to “Upgrade this PC now” or “Create installation media”.
- If you wish to upgrade a different PC, you should select the “Create installation media” and follow the prompts.
- For this guide, though, we will select the “Upgrade this PC now” in order to upgrade the PC you ran the program on.
- Once you select “Upgrade this PC now”, click on the Next button.
- The Media Creation Tool will begin to download the Windows 10 May 2021 Update and install it.
- The installation process could take a while, so please be patient.
- Eventually, you will get to a screen prompting you for information or to reboot the computer.
- Just keep following the on-screen instructions and when it’s finished, the Windows 10 May 2021 Update will be installed on your computer.
Windows 10 update assistant
Also, you can use the Official Windows update assistant to force to install Windows 10 21H1 update on your PC.
Download the Windows Update Assistant tool Microsoft official site here.
Once downloaded, Right-click on the Windows10Upgrade.exe file and select run as administrator,
you’ll see the Windows 10 Update Assistant introductory screen, Click update now and follow on-screen instructions to get install the latest Windows 10 may 2021 update on your computer.
Also, you can download Windows 10 version 21H1 ISO direct from the Microsoft server to perform a clean installation.