Finally, Microsoft has made Windows 10 May 2020 update version 2004 available for everyone. And all compatible devices receive Windows 10 version 2004 notification for free. Well, Microsoft rolling the update in stages that means some regions may get Windows 10 May 2020 update a bit later than others. If you are excited on this update to install can’t wait until Microsoft to roll out. Or still have not received the windows 10 feature update version 2004 notification, That causes you can force Windows Update or use official windows 10 may 2020 media creation tool to get it manually.
Windows 10 2004 Update system requirements
- RAM: 2GB of RAM for 64-bit and 1GB of RAM for 32-bit computers.
- Storage: 20GB of free space on 64-bit and 16GB of free space on 32-bit systems.
- Screen resolution: 800×600
- Graphics: Microsoft DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0
- Intel CPU: All processors up 10th-gen, Intel Xeon E-22xx, Atom, Celeron, and Pentium.
- AMD CPU: All processors up to seventh-gen.
- Qualcomm CPU: Snapdragon 850 and 8cx.
Windows 10 2004 update download
- Temporarily uninstall antivirus software if installed on your system,
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection to download update files from the Microsoft server.
- Check the date and time zone are correct and disconnect VPN if configured on your PC.
- we strongly recommend to backup all important data before upgrade windows 10 2004.
- And remove all external devices like external USB or SD cards. and update all install driver software.
If your system meets the minimum system requirements follow steps below to force Windows Update to install Windows 10 2004 update.
- Press Windows + I to open Windows settings
- Click update & security than windows update,
- Hit the check for updates button, And let Windows 10 see what updates are available.
- If you see an update named “Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004”,
- This is the May 2020 Update and you need to click the download button to download and install the update.
- This will start downloading update files from the Microsoft server.
- When it’s done downloading and performing a preliminary install, Windows will prompt you to restart your PC
- And after that, it will finish the installation and boot you back into Windows with the May 2020 Update installed.
- Also you can use Winver command to check the windows 10 version and build number.
Windows 10 may 2020 media creation tool
If checking windows updates didn’t show the May 2020 Update being available, Then you can use the Official Windows 10 may 2020 media creation tool To force, 2004 update to install. For those unfamiliar with this tool, the Media Creation Tool can be used to upgrade an existing Windows 10 install or to make a bootable USB drive or an ISO file, which can be used to create a bootable DVD, that you can use to upgrade a different computer.
- Open Windows 10 download page on the web browser,
- Here under create, installation media Click download tool now
- Once it is downloaded, Right click on MediaCreationTool2004.exe select run as administrator,
- Once started, you will be greeted with a license agreement that you must agree to before continuing.
- After you accept the license agreement, please be patient while the tool “gets things ready”.
- When done you will be shown a screen asking whether you would like to “Upgrade this PC now” or “Create installation media”.
- If you wish to upgrade a different PC, you should select the “Create installation media” and follow the prompts.
- For this guide, though, we will select the “Upgrade this PC now” in order to upgrade the PC you ran the program on.
- Once you select “Upgrade this PC now”, click on the Next button.
- The Media Creation Tool will begin to download the Windows 10 May 2020 Update and install it.
- The installation process could take a while, so please be patient.
- Eventually, you will get to a screen prompting you for information or to reboot the computer.
- Just keep following the on-screen instructions and when it’s finished, the Windows 10 May 2020 Update will be installed on your computer.
Also, you can use the Official Windows 10 update assistant to force to install Windows 10 2004 update on your PC. Or you can download Windows 10 version 2004 ISO direct from Microsoft server to perform a clean installation.