Install Windows 10 2022 update 22H2 Using media creation tool
The media creation tool can be used to upgrade your computer to Windows 10 or to create a USB or DVD and install Windows 10 on a different computer.
Microsoft has officially made Windows 10 2022 update version 22H2 available for everyone. And all compatible devices receive Windows 10 version 22H2 notifications for free. Well, Microsoft rolling out the update in stages which means some regions may get Windows 10 2022 update a bit later than others. If you are excited to install the Windows 10 22H2 update can’t wait until Microsoft to roll out. Here are the ways to download and install the Windows 10 2022 Update right now: Windows Update, Media Creation Tool and Update Assistant.
Windows 10 22H2 Update system requirements
- RAM: 2GB of RAM for 64-bit and 1GB of RAM for 32-bit computers.
- Storage: 20GB of free space on 64-bit and 16GB of free space on 32-bit systems.
- Screen resolution: 800×600
- Graphics: Microsoft DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0
- Intel CPU: All processors up to 10th-gen, Intel Xeon E-22xx, Atom, Celeron, and Pentium.
- AMD CPU: All processors up to seventh-gen.
- Qualcomm CPU: Snapdragon 850 and 8cx.
Windows 10 2022 update download
Before attempting to upgrade to the latest Windows 10 version 22H2 perform the following steps.
- Temporarily uninstall antivirus software if installed on your system,
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection to download update files from the Microsoft server.
- Check the date and time zone are correct and disconnect VPN if configured on your PC.
- we strongly recommend backup all important data before Install windows 10 22H2.
- And remove all external devices like external USB or SD cards. and update all installed driver software.
Check for Windows update
If your system meets the minimum system requirements follow the steps below to force Windows Update to install Windows 10 22H2 update.
- Press Windows + I to open Windows settings
- Click Update & security than windows update,
- Hit the check for updates button, And let Windows 10 see what updates are available.
- If you see an update named “Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2“,
- This is the windows 10 2022 Update and you need to click the download and install the update.
Here Compatible devices also see windows 11 Ready notification as well.
- This will start downloading windows update files from the Microsoft server.
- When it’s done downloading and performing a preliminary install, Windows will prompt you to restart your PC
- And after that, it will finish the installation and boot you back into Windows with the 22H2 Update installed.
- Also, you can use Winver command to check the windows 10 version and build number.
Windows 10 media creation tool
If checking windows updates didn’t show windows 10 version 22H2 being available. Then you can use the Official Windows 10 22H2 update media creation tool To get install Windows 10 2022 update on your device. Also you are running older windows 7 or windows 8 you can upgrade to windows 10 using the media creation tool for free.
For those unfamiliar with this tool, the Media Creation Tool can be used to upgrade an existing Windows 10 install or to make a bootable USB drive. Also download Windows 10 ISO image file, which can be used to create a bootable DVD, that you can use to upgrade a different computer.
- Open Windows 10 download page on the web browser,
- Under create, installation media Click Download tool now
- Once it is downloaded, Right-click on MediaCreationTool22H2.exe select run as administrator,
- Once started, you will be greeted with a license agreement that you must agree to before continuing.
- After you accept the license agreement, please be patient while the tool “gets things ready”.
- When done you will be shown a screen asking whether you would like to “Upgrade this PC now” or “Create installation media”.
- If you wish to upgrade a different PC, you should select the “Create installation media” and follow the prompts.
- For this guide, though, we will select the “Upgrade this PC now” in order to upgrade the PC you ran the program on.
- Once you select “Upgrade this PC now”, click on the Next button.
- The Media Creation Tool will begin to download the Windows 10 2022 Update and install it.
- The installation process could take a while, so please be patient.
- Eventually, you will get to a screen prompting you for information or to reboot the computer.
- Just keep following the on-screen instructions and when it’s finished, the Windows 10 2022 Update will be installed on your computer.
Windows 10 update assistant
Also, you can use the Official Windows update assistant to force install Windows 10 22H2 update on your PC.
Download the Windows Update Assistant tool from Microsoft’s official site here.
Once downloaded, Right-click on the Windows10Upgrade.exe file and select run as administrator,
You’ll see the Windows 10 Update Assistant introductory screen, Click Update Now and follow on-screen instructions to get install the latest Windows 10 2022 update on your computer.
Also, you can download Windows 10 version 22H2 ISO direct from the Microsoft server to perform a clean installation.
- Solved: Feature update to Windows 10 version 22H2 Failed to Install
- Fix The application was unable to start correctly Windows 10
- How to change or Reset Windows 10 password using the command prompt
- Solved: Headphones Not Working in Windows 10 (No Sound problem)
- Download Latest Windows 11 ISO Image files 64-bit FREE