Today (11/05/2021) is the second Tuesday of the month (May 2021) which means it’s time for another round of “Patch Tuesday updates” that Microsoft regularly issued as part of monthly security updates for all windows Supported devices. And part of May 2021 monthly security updates Microsoft released the Cumulative update KB5003173 (OS Builds 19041.985 and 19042.985) for the latest Windows 10 version 20H2 and 2004, Also there is KB5003169 (OS Build 18363.1556) and KB5003171 (OS Build 17763.1935) available for Devices still running Windows 10 version 1909 and 1809. Once again these updates completely focus on fixes and security updates, rather than any new features.
Patch Tuesday updates are cumulative updates that usually only include minor patches and security fixes.
Download Windows 10 Cumulative update
All these Security updates Automatically download and get installed on your device via Windows update. If your device has not received yet open settings, Update & Security and Check for updates. Once done restart your Device to apply the updates.
KB5003173 for Windows 10 20H2
Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 version 20H2 and 2004, receives Cumulative update KB5003173 that bumps build number 19041.985 and 19042.985. According to the company, Windows 10 KB5003173 Improves security when windows perform basic operations.
Updates to improve Windows OLE (compound documents) security.
- Updates security for Bluetooth drivers.
Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, the Windows Kernel, Windows Media, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, and the Windows Silicon Platform.
Microsoft has acknowledged a few known issue on this update, which include:
- System and user certificates may be lost when updating a device from Windows 10 version 1809 or later, to a later version of Windows 10.
- The correct Furigana characters may not be displayed when using the Microsoft Japanese Input Method Editor. Microsoft is working on a resolution.
- you may notice, the classic edge gets uninstalled from the computer After applying the KB5003173 update. This is because the new chromium-based edge browser doesn’t get installed on the device.
- You may experience lower than expected performance in games after installing this update.
KB5003169 for Windows 10 1909
Devices running Windows 10 version 1909, November 2019 update receive New cumulative update KB5003169 that bumps 18363.1556 and include both security and non-security fixes, Here the complete changelog from Microsoft blog
Microsoft says it won’t publish any new cumulative updates for version 1903, which reached the end of life in December 2020.
- Improve security when improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
- Updates to improve Windows OLE (compound documents) security.
- Updates security for Bluetooth drivers.
Security updates Windows App Platform and Frameworks, the Windows Kernel, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, and the Windows Silicon Platform.
Updates an issue that might cause scroll bar controls to appear blank on the screen and not function.
This issue affects 32-bit applications running on 64-bit Windows 10 (WOW64) that create scroll bars using a superclass of the USER32.DLL SCROLLBAR window class. This issue also affects HScrollBar and VScrollBar controls and classes derived from System.Windows.Forms.ScrollBar. A memory usage increase of up to 4 GB might occur in 64-bit applications when you create a scroll bar control.
In addition, Microsoft noted:
Windows 10, version 1909 is at end of service on May 11, 2021 for devices running the Home, Pro, Pro for Workstation, Nano Container, and Server SAC editions. After May 11, 2021, these devices will no longer receive monthly security and quality updates that contain protection from the latest security threats.
System and user certificates may be lost when updating a device from Windows 10 version 1809 or later, to a later version of Windows 10.
KB5003171 For Windows 10 1809
Devices still running Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018 Update) received a new cumulative update KB5003171 that bumps the version number to the Windows 10 Build 17763.1935.
Improve security when Windows performs basic operations and Windows OLE (compound documents) security also Updates security for Bluetooth drivers
Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, the Windows Kernel, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, and the Windows Silicon Platform.
After installing KB4493509, devices with some Asian language packs installed may receive the error, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.”
KB5003174 For Windows 10 1803
Windows 10 1803 (April 2018 Update) also received a new cumulative update KB5003174 that bumps the version number to the Windows 10 Build 17134.2208.
Windows 10 Update offline download
Windows 10 Build 19042.958
Windows 10 Build 19041.958
Windows 10 Build 18363.1556
If you face any difficulty while installing these updates check how to fix Windows 10 Update installation problems.
- WiFi disconnects automatically after windows 10 update? Try these solutions
- How To Flush and Reset the DNS Cache in Windows 10
- How To Uninstall Windows 10 Built-in apps with PowerShell
- Automatically Disable touchpad when the mouse is connected windows 10
- Download Latest Windows 10 version 2004 ISO (Direct from Microsoft server)
Source: Microsoft support