Today (10/05/2022) is the second Tuesday of the month (May 2022) which means it’s time for another round of “Patch Tuesday updates” that Microsoft regularly issued as part of monthly security updates for all windows Supported devices. And part of the May 2022 monthly security updates Microsoft released the Cumulative update KB5013942 (OS Builds 19044.1706 and 19043.1706) for the latest Windows 10 version 21H2 and 21H1, Also there is KB5013945 (OS Build 18363.2274) and KB5013941 (OS Build 17763.2928) available for Devices still running Windows 10 version 1909 and 1809. Once again these updates completely focus on fixes and security updates, rather than any new features.
Patch Tuesday updates are cumulative updates that usually only include minor patches and security fixes.
Download Windows 10 Cumulative update
All these Security updates Automatically download and get installed on your device via Windows update. If your device has not received yet open settings, Update & Security and Check for updates. Once done restart your Device to apply the updates.
KB5013942 for Windows 10 21H2
Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 version 21H1 and 21H2, receives Cumulative update KB5013942 that bumps build numbers 19043.1706 and 19044.1706. According to the company, Windows 10 KB5013942
- This update contains miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality. No additional issues were documented for this release.
- Fixed an issue that causes Internet Explorer to stop working when you copy and paste the text.
- A critical bug that causes a black screen for some folks when they sign in and sign out has been fixed.
- Addressed a bug where the Microsoft OneDrive file loses focus after you rename it and press the Enter key.
- Microsoft is also improving News and Interest panel by fixing a few bugs here and there.
- Updates an issue that prevents you from changing a password that has expired when you sign in to a Windows device.
In addition the company has noted Windows 10 version 20H2 consumer edition support ended on May 10. That means, support for Home, Pro and Workstation have now ended and users won’t be getting security or quality updates.
Microsoft has acknowledged a few known issues on this update, which include:
- Custom offline media or custom ISO image installations on devices may remove Microsoft Edge Legacy but may not replace it with the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge.
- Some devices may be unable to install updates, throwing the error “PSFX_E_MATCHING_BINARY_MISSING”.
KB5013945 for Windows 10 1909
Devices running Windows 10 version 1909, November 2019 update receive New cumulative update KB5013945 that bumps 18362.2274 and include both security and non-security fixes, Here the complete changelog from Microsoft blog
Microsoft says it won’t publish any new cumulative updates for version 1903, which reached the end of life in December 2020.
- Adds improvements for servicing the Secure Boot component of Windows.
- Addresses an issue that might occur when you use Netdom.exe or the Active Directory Domains and Trusts snap-in to list or modify name suffixes routing.
- Addresses an issue that causes the primary domain controller (PDC) of the root domain to generate warning and error events in the System log.
- Addresses a known issue that might prevent recovery discs (CD or DVD) from starting if you created them using the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) app in Control Panel. This issue occurs after installing Windows updates released January 11, 2022 or later.
- After installing updates released May 10, 2022 on domain controllers, you might see authentication failures on the server or client for some services.
KB5013941 For Windows 10 1809
This update contains miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality. No additional issues were documented for this release.
- After installing KB4493509, devices with some Asian language packs installed may receive the error, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.”
- The Cluster Service might fail to start because a Cluster Network Driver is not found.
KB5003174 For Windows 10 1803
Windows 10 1803 (April 2018 Update) also received a new cumulative update KB5003174 that bumps the version number to the Windows 10 Build 17134.2208.
Windows 10 Update offline download
Windows 10 Build 19042.1706
Windows 10 KB5013942 Direct Download Links: 64-bit and 32-bit (x86).
Windows 10 Build 18362.2274
Windows 10 Build 17763.2928
If you face any difficulty while installing these updates check how to fix Windows 10 Update installation problems.
- WiFi disconnects automatically after windows 10 update? Try these solutions
- How To Flush and Reset the DNS Cache in Windows 10
- How To Uninstall Windows 10 Built-in apps with PowerShell
- Automatically Disable the touchpad when the mouse is connected windows 10
- Download Latest Windows 10 version 21H2 ISO (Direct from Microsoft server)
Source: Microsoft support