Microsoft has rolled out Security update KB5003635 for devices running Windows 10 version 1909 that advance OS Builds 18363.1621. Also, there are new KB5003646 (OS Build 17763.1999) available devices still running Windows 10 version 1809, October 2018 Update. This is part of the June 2021 cumulative update that brings minor security updates including other quality improvements.
Note: If you are running the latest Windows 10 version 21H1, 20H2 or 2004 KB5003637 (OS Builds 19041.1052, 19042.1052, and 19043.1052) available for your device with security and non-security fixes.
Download Windows 10 KB5003635
This is an important update that downloads and installs automatically. Also, you can manually install KB5003635 following the steps below.
- Press Windows + X and select Settings (Windows + I)
- Click on Update & Security
- Select Windows update on the left-hand side
- Then click on Check for updates button, to allow the download of KB5003635 from the Microsoft server
- Once done you need to restart your PC to apply them.
Well if you are looking to download KB5003635 offline package then you can get it by following the link is given below.
Windows 10 KB5003635 Offline Download link:
If you are looking for the latest Windows 10 ISO click here.
Windows 10 KB5003635
Note: Windows 10, version 1909 reached end of service on May 11, 2021. Devices running Enterprise, Education, and IoT Enterprise edition only receive this update.
As per the official Microsoft support site, KB5003635 improves security when Windows performs basic operations and Windows OLE (compound documents) security.
Improve security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or pen.
Also there are updates for verifying usernames and passwords, storing and managing files.
Addresses an issue with an inconsistent shutdown during Windows Update that damages the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) repository.
Fix a bug that might prevent you from signing in to some Microsoft 365 desktop client apps after installing the May 11, 2021 or later update and restarting your device.
You might also receive an 80080300 error or “We ran into a problem. Reconnecting…” when attempting to authenticate or sign in to Teams.
Security updates Windows App Platform and Frameworks, the Windows Kernel, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, and the Windows Silicon Platform.
- System and user certificates may be lost when updating from Windows 10 version 1809 or later to a newer version of Windows 10. This happens mainly when managed devices are updated using outdated bundles or media according to Microsoft. Devices that use Windows Update or Windows Update for Business are not impacted. Microsoft suggests go back to the previous version of Windows to fix the issue.
Windows 10 KB5003646
Devices running Windows 10 version 1809 aka October 2018 update receive new update KB5003646 that advance windows 10 Build 17763.1935.
- Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
- Updates to improve Windows OLE (compound documents) security.
- Updates for verifying usernames and passwords.
- Updates for storing and managing files.
Updates to improve security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or pen.
Addresses an issue with an inconsistent shutdown during Windows Update that damages the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) repository
Also there are Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, the Windows Kernel, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, and the Windows Silicon Platform.
Microsoft lists known Issues in KB5003646
- You may receive the error, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.” if Asian language packs installed on your device.
To fix the problem the company suggests, uninstall and reinstall any recently added language packs. Select Check for Updates and install the April 2019 Cumulative Update. If reinstalling the language pack does not mitigate the issue, reset your PC as follows:
- Go to the Settings app > Recovery.
- Select Get Started under the Reset this PC recovery option.
- Select Keep my Files.
If you face any difficulty installing the KB5003646 update, windows update stuck downloading, KB5003635 update failed to install Check our Windows 10 update troubleshooting guide.
Windows 10 KB5003174
The April 2018 Update (version 1803) is getting updated KB5001339 which bumps OS Build 17134.2208. Also, Microsoft has noted ending support for Windows 10 version 1803 all editions.
Windows 10, version 1803, all editions, has reached end of service. After this May 11, 2021 update, devices running Windows 10, version 1803 will no longer receive monthly security and quality updates that contain protection from the latest security threats.
Removes the Microsoft Edge Legacy desktop application that is out of support and installs the new Microsoft Edge.
Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Cryptography, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, and the Windows Silicon Platform.
- Solved: Windows 10 laptop battery “plugged in, not charging”
- Remote desktop connection not working after windows 10 upgrade
- Solved: Windows 10 100% disk usage on startup (5 Working solutions)
- Windows 10 Settings App Not Working? Here how to fix
- How to use BitLocker Drive Encryption on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7