Microsoft has rolled out Security update KB5003169 for devices running Windows 10 version 1909 that advance OS Builds 18363.1556. Also, there are new KB5003171 (OS Build 17763.1935) available devices still running Windows 10 version 1809, October 2018 Update. This is part of the May 2021 cumulative update that brings minor security updates including other quality improvements.
Note: If you are running the latest Windows 10 version 2004 and 20H2, KB5003173 (OS Builds 19041.958 and 19042.958) available for your device with security and non-security fixes.
Download Windows 10 KB5003169
This is an important update that downloads and installs automatically. Also, you can manually install KB5003169 following the steps below.
- Press Windows + X and select Settings (Windows + I)
- Click on Update & Security
- Select Windows update on the left-hand side
- Then click on Check for updates button, to allow the download of KB5003169 from the Microsoft server
- Once done you need to restart your PC to apply them.
Well if you are looking to download KB5003169 offline package then you can get it by following the link is given below.
Windows 10 KB5003169 Offline Download link:
If you are looking for the latest Windows 10 ISO click here.
Windows 10 KB5003169
As per the official Microsoft support site, KB5003169 improves security when Windows performs basic operations and Windows OLE (compound documents) security. Also Updates security for Bluetooth drivers.
Updates an issue that might cause scroll bar controls to appear blank on the screen and not function.
Fixed an issue that could make scroll bar controls appear blank on the screen.
This issue affects 32-bit applications running on 64-bit Windows 10 (WOW64) that create scroll bars using a superclass of the USER32.DLL SCROLLBAR window class. This issue also affects HScrollBar and VScrollBar controls and classes derived from System.Windows.Forms.ScrollBar. A memory usage increase of up to 4 GB might occur in 64-bit applications when you create a scroll bar control.
Security updates Windows App Platform and Frameworks, the Windows Kernel, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, and the Windows Silicon Platform.
- System and user certificates may be lost when updating from Windows 10 version 1809 or later to a newer version of Windows 10. This happens mainly when managed devices are updated using outdated bundles or media according to Microsoft. Devices that use Windows Update or Windows Update for Business are not impacted. Microsoft suggests go back to the previous version of Windows to fix the issue.
Windows 10 KB5003171
Devices running Windows 10 version 1809 aka October 2018 update receive new update KB5003171 that advance windows 10 Build 17763.1935.
Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
- Updates to improve Windows OLE (compound documents) security.
- Updates security for Bluetooth drivers.
Also there are Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, the Windows Kernel, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, and the Windows Silicon Platform.
Microsoft lists known Issues in KB5003171
- You may receive the error, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.” if Asian language packs installed on your device.
To fix the problem the company suggests, uninstall and reinstall any recently added language packs. Select Check for Updates and install the April 2019 Cumulative Update. If reinstalling the language pack does not mitigate the issue, reset your PC as follows:
- Go to the Settings app > Recovery.
- Select Get Started under the Reset this PC recovery option.
- Select Keep my Files.
If you face any difficulty installing the KB5003171 update, windows update stuck downloading, KB5003169 update failed to install Check our Windows 10 update troubleshooting guide.
Windows 10 KB5003174
The April 2018 Update (version 1803) is getting updated KB5001339 which bumps OS Build 17134.2208. Also, Microsoft has noted ending support for Windows 10 version 1803 all editions.
Windows 10, version 1803, all editions, has reached end of service. After this May 11, 2021 update, devices running Windows 10, version 1803 will no longer receive monthly security and quality updates that contain protection from the latest security threats.
Removes the Microsoft Edge Legacy desktop application that is out of support and installs the new Microsoft Edge.
Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Cryptography, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, and the Windows Silicon Platform.
- Solved: Windows 10 laptop battery “plugged in, not charging”
- Remote desktop connection not working after windows 10 upgrade
- Solved: Windows 10 100% disk usage on startup (5 Working solutions)
- Windows 10 Settings App Not Working? Here how to fix
- How to use BitLocker Drive Encryption on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7