Microsoft has rolled out Security update KB5006667 for devices running Windows 10 version 1909 that advance OS Builds 18363.1854. Also, there are new KB5006672 (OS Build 17763.2237) available devices still running Windows 10 version 1809, October 2018 Update. This is part of the October 2021 cumulative update that brings minor security updates including other quality improvements.
Note: If you are running the latest Windows 10 version 21H1, 20H2 or 2004 KB5005565 (OS Builds 19041.1288, 19042.1288, and 19043.1288) available for your device with security and non-security fixes.
Download Windows 10 KB5006667
This is an important update that downloads and installs automatically. Also, you can manually install KB5006667 following the steps below.
- Press Windows + X and select Settings (Windows + I)
- Click on Update & Security
- Select Windows update on the left-hand side
- Then click on Check for updates button, to allow the download of KB5006667 from the Microsoft server
- Once done you need to restart your PC to apply them.
Well if you are looking to download KB5006667 offline package then you can get it by following the link is given below.
Windows 10 KB5006667 Offline Download link:
If you are looking for the latest Windows 10 ISO click here.
Windows 10 KB5006667
Updates security for your Windows operating system.
Addresses an issue that prevents some applications, such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Reader, from opening or causes them to stop responding. This occurs on devices that are subject to Microsoft Exploit Protection for Export Address Filtering (EAF).
This update also includes some fixes from KB5006667
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
Windows 10 KB5006672
Addresses an issue that prevents an internet print server from properly packaging modified printer properties before sending the package to the client.
- Addresses an issue that prevents some applications, such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Reader, from opening or causes them to stop responding. This occurs on devices that are subject to Microsoft Exploit Protection for Export Address Filtering (EAF).
Devices running Windows 10 version 1809 aka October 2018 update receive new update KB5006672 that advance windows 10 Build 17763.2183.
Changes the default privilege requirement for installing drivers when using Point and Print. After installing this update, you must have administrative privileges to install drivers. If you use Point and Print, see KB5005652, Point and Print Default Behavior Change, and CVE-2021-34481 for more information.
Temporarily addresses an issue with devices that do not comply with section 3.2.1 of the RFC 4556 specification, which is required for CVE-2021-33764.
Noncompliant printers, scanners, and multifunction devices might not work when you use smart card authentication (PIV). You must enable this temporary mitigation using a registry key. Otherwise, this issue will occur after you install the July 13, 2021 or later update on domain controllers (DC) in your environment.
This update also includes some fixes from KB5006672
Microsoft lists known Issues in KB5006672
- You may receive the error, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.” if Asian language packs are installed on your device.
The Cluster Service might fail to start because a Cluster Network Driver is not found.
After installing this update, the Elastic File System (EFS) API OpenEncryptedFileRaw(A/W), often used in backup software, will not work when you back up to or from a Windows Server 2008 SP2 device.
If you face any difficulty installing the KB5006672 update, windows update stuck downloading, KB5006672 update failed to install Check our Windows 10 update troubleshooting guide.
Windows 10 KB5003174
The April 2018 Update (version 1803) is getting updated KB5001339 which bumps OS Build 17134.2208. Also, Microsoft has noted ending support for Windows 10 version 1803 all editions.
Windows 10, version 1803, all editions, has reached end of service. After this May 11, 2021 update, devices running Windows 10, version 1803 will no longer receive monthly security and quality updates that contain protection from the latest security threats.
Removes the Microsoft Edge Legacy desktop application that is out of support and installs the new Microsoft Edge.
Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Cryptography, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, and the Windows Silicon Platform.
- Solved: Windows 10 laptop battery “plugged in, not charging”
- Remote desktop connection not working after windows 10 upgrade
- Solved: Windows 10 100% disk usage on startup (5 Working solutions)
- Windows 10 Settings App Not Working? Here how to fix
- How to use BitLocker Drive Encryption on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7