Microsoft has rolled out Security update KB4601315 for devices running Windows 10 version 1909 that advance OS Builds 18363.1377. Also, there are new KB4601345 (OS Build 17763.1757) available devices still running Windows 10 version 1809, October 2018 Update. This is part of the February 2021 cumulative update that brings minor security updates including other quality improvements.
Note: If you are running the latest Windows 10 version 2004 and 20H2, KB4601319 (OS Build 19041.804 and Build 19042.804) available for your device with security and non-security fixes.
Download Windows 10 KB4601315
This is an important update that downloads and installs automatically. Also, you can manually install KB4601315 following the steps below.
- Press Windows + X and select Settings (Windows + I)
- Click on Update & Security
- Select Windows update on the left-hand side
- Then click on Check for updates button, to allow download of KB4601315 from the Microsoft server
- Once done you need to restart your PC to apply them.
Well if you are looking to download KB4601315 offline package then you can get it by following the link is given below.
Windows 10 KB4601315 Offline Download link:
If you are looking for the latest Windows 10 ISO click here.
Windows 10 KB4601315
As per the official Microsoft support site, KB4601315 improve security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or pen and verifying usernames and passwords.
Addresses a possible elevation of privilege vulnerability in the win32k component
Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Apps, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Management, Windows Authentication, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Cryptography, Windows Virtualization, Windows Core Networking, and Windows Hybrid Cloud Networking.
- System and user certificates may be lost when updating from Windows 10 version 1809 or later to a newer version of Windows 10. This happens mainly when managed devices are updated using outdated bundles or media according to Microsoft. Devices that use Windows Update or Windows Update for Business are not impacted. Microsoft suggests go back to the previous version of Windows to fix the issue.
- Games may not start or throw errors when using Discord’s overlay while playing games. The issue is fixed in the latest Discord version, Microsoft recommends update the discord app.
Windows 10 KB4601345
Devices running Windows 10 version 1809 aka October 2018 update receive new update KB4601345 that advance windows 10 Build 17763.1757.
Updates to improve security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or pen and verifying usernames and passwords.
Addresses a possible elevation of privilege vulnerability in the win32k component.
Also there are security fixes for Windows apps, Windows Input, Windows Management, Virtualization, Frameworks and Windows Fundamentals too.
Microsoft lists known Issues in KB4601345
- You may receive the error, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.” if Asian language packs installed on your device.
To fix the problem the company suggests, uninstall and reinstall any recently added language packs. Select Check for Updates and install the April 2019 Cumulative Update. If reinstalling the language pack does not mitigate the issue, reset your PC as follows:
- Go to the Settings app > Recovery.
- Select Get Started under the Reset this PC recovery option.
- Select Keep my Files.
If you face any difficulty installing the KB4601345 update, windows update stuck downloading, KB4601315 update failed to install Check our Windows 10 update troubleshooting guide.
Windows 10 KB4601354
The April 2018 Update (version 1803) is getting updated KB4601354 which bumps OS Build 17134.2026. Also, Microsoft has noted ending support for Windows 10 version 1803 home and pro editions.
- Solved: Windows 10 laptop battery “plugged in, not charging”
- Remote desktop connection not working after windows 10 upgrade
- Solved: Windows 10 100% disk usage on startup (5 Working solutions)
- Windows 10 Settings App Not Working? Here how to fix
- How to use BitLocker Drive Encryption on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7