If you don’t have genuine Windows 7 or installed a pirated Windows 7 build 7600 or 7601 you may encounter “This Copy of Windows is not genuine” error message on your desktop screen. Windows didn’t allow to change the wallpaper or Computer performance gets worse. Here how to remove the black screen and get rid of this windows 7 build 7601 this copy of windows is not genuine error message.
Windows is not genuine
Your computer might not be running a counterfeit copy of Windows.
Windows is not genuine
NOTE: These methods given below are used to fix black screen caused by Windows genuine crack copy, it won’t help convert a pirate copy of Windows to a genuine one. So, to use all features of Windows 7, you have to buy a genuine piece and use verified activation code.
Apply all three steps one by one to get rid of this message
Uninstall KB971033 Update
- Open the Start Menu.
- Search for “windows update”.
- Click on the search result titled Windows Update under the Programs
- Click on View installed updates in the left pane.
- Once all of your installed updates have been loaded and you can see them in the right pane, sift through them, locate update KB971033, right-click on it and click on Uninstall in the contextual menu.
- Go through the uninstallation process and then restart your computer.
Reset license using slmgr -rearm Command
SLMGR short for Windows Server License Manager Script, is the command prompt version of Microsoft licensing tool. And REARM command will help to reset the licensing status of your machine.
- Start menu and search for Command Prompt.
- Just right-click on cmd.exe in the search result and choose Run as Administrator.
- In Command Prompt Type “slmgr -rearm”
- Hit Enter You Will See A message pops ups
- We are Done Restart the Pc and You will not see the windows not genuine Message for another 30 days.
Note: After the expiration date, you can choose to reactivate it. However, there is a limit to the number of times that Windows can be reactivated, typically, it is only 3 times. Namely, you effectively get 120 days.
Also you can on registry editor to increase the reset the licensing status 8 times more.
- Open windows registry editor using regedit.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > WindowsNT > Current version > SoftwareProtectionPlatform.
- Find SkipRearm and right-click it to choose Modify.
- Change the value from 0 to 1.
- Finally, restart your computer.
- Now, you are able to use the slmgr -rearm command for another 8 times, giving you another 240 days. So you will free use Windows 7 for 120 + 240 = 360 days.
Turn off Updates
You are not using the Genuine Windows 7, so you are not authorized to get updates. And you must turn off updates, Otherwise, you will get the same error one more time. If you don’t turn off updates, your OS will get updated. Anyone of future updates may detect your OS Genuity. So there is a chance that you will get the error one more time.
- From the Start menu, choose Control Panel to open it.
- Go to System and Security > Windows Update > Turn automatic updating on or off.
- Select Never Check for Updates (not recommended) option from Important updates section.
Note: we advise you to purchase a license key of the genuine Windows and follow steps below to activate your copy of Windows.
- In Windows 7, click Start to search for Activate Windows.
- Click Retype your product key if you have a key.
- Input the license into the text box. After a while, the Windows is registered and Windows 7 build 7601 not genuine message won’t display on the desktop.