Many Zoom Users have complained that their zoom Camera is not working on Android for any type of video conferencing. If you are also facing the same problem, then here are some fixes. Apparently, the issue can be within the App, especially if it happens only with the zoom app and others are working fine. So what are the solutions? here we will see some of the effective solutions which can solve this issue within minutes.
Here we’ll help you make sure your settings are where they should be. This guide will walk you through what to do if you’re experiencing any of camera related or Zoom video sharing issues.
Zoom Camera Not Working On Android
In troubleshooting a problem like this, you must first find out if the camera app itself is working and then move on to troubleshooting steps to solve the issue with that app. Here’s what you should do first;
Check the Camera
This type of issue generally occurs when there’s a problem with the app, then also you have to check your camera before moving forward, here how to check your camera is working properly or not;
Firstly close down all the background apps including your zoom Camera app too then launch the camera app, if it’s working properly then try to shoot some of the photos as well as videos with your default camera app, if it does work properly then you can move to troubleshooting steps. However, if the camera app is not working properly, then you have to restart or reboot your smartphone to refresh its memory and then again reload the app.
You can do a normal restart by switching off your mobile and then switch it on., But I will suggest you force Restart your smartphone as it is the most effective one. Here’s how,
- Press and hold the volume down button and the Power key for 10 seconds. This will force your device to power off and turn back on.
- When the logo shows, release both keys and wait until the phone has finished rebooting.
Once the rebooting process is finished, launch your camera app again and see whether it’s working properly now or not. As long as your phone doesn’t have any physical damage, a reboot may be all you need to fix the camera. if not so then you have to move one step further and go for troubleshooting.
Check the permissions you gave to that app
App permissions are one of the important things that all apps require. Zoom has its own set of Video Settings that manages the camera that’s connected or built-into your device, so it requires some of your permissions to run the app(software) smoothly. In the case of smartphones or tablets that run Android OS, we must make sure Zoom has the correct permissions to use the built-in camera. In short, make sure zoom has permission to make use of your device camera. If not so how to do that!
- Go to the Zoom App icon, and press the icon until options show.
- Tap on app info.
- Then scroll down and you will see a permission icon, tap that.
- The next screen will show you the services that the app is allowed to access.
- Make necessary changes like toggle on camera permission and then try using Zoom again.
After doing an edit in your permissions settings and your zoom Camera is still not working then try our next solutions.
Reinstall the App (reinstall zoom)
If the above given solutions fail to fix the problem, then what you have to do is completely delete your zoom app i.e., uninstall your zoom app and download it again. Deleting the app totally will also delete all types of cached and data files which have been stored in that Device so that your corrupted files will delete too. After uninstalling the app, one can easily download it again from PlayStore.
Here’s how to do the whole process;
- Go to the home screen or where the Zoom app is located.
- Tap and hold on its icon until options appear on the screen.
- Tap Uninstall and confirm your action.
- Once the app is successfully uninstalled, launch the Play Store app.
- Search for ‘zoom’ and tap the Zoom Cloud Meetings app.
- Tap Install and wait until the phone has finished installing the app.
When the whole process has done launch the zoom app make sure you give appropriate permissions and again login to your account. This will definitely help you to solve your issue.
Close other background apps which you are not using!
As zoom is a video conferencing app it requires a smooth connection to run properly without any problem, if there is another app running in the background then it may create trouble for zoom to run properly. So closing a background app of some sort helps you to solve the issue relating to the zoom Camera not working properly.
Troubleshoot your internet connection
If your device isn’t an issue of bad quality video, then there should be a problem in your internet connection. Troubleshooting an Internet connection can become a bit complicated and may take a longer time to resolve. Whenever possible, we suggest that you use a computer that can be hardwired to your Internet equipment rather than using WiFi, as WiFi speeds will always fluctuate.
These are some of our solutions regarding the zoom Camera not working on android issues. If your problem still exists try to use a different Device as the current device has some major issues regarding the camera, by using a different Device you can attend your day to day face time and meetings without any problem, all you have to do is login in another device with the same ID and same Password.
- Top 10 Android security tips to keep your android phone secure
- What are some best free and useful Android apps in 2021?
- How to speed up Google Chrome browser on Android (Updated 2021)
- Solved: Printer Stopped Working After Windows 10 Update
- How to fix camera error code 0xa00f4244 in Windows 10 (no cameras are attached)